Key Command / Midi Control to jump to track?

paulmatthewscello

Hello,

I'm looking for 1 or 2 answers that cover the same topic so any help would be much appreciated.

1. Can you assign a Key command to jump to a particular track in your template in the main window? E.g, when i press, 'L' or some other key on the typing keyboard, Logic will highlight track 5 every time i touch this key.

and also...

2. Can I use an external midi interface to trigger a track selection? (not scrolling up or down but just selecting the same track every time) E.g, I press the C6 key of my midi controller keyboard and track 5 is selected every time in the Logic main window.

The reason I ask 2 different questions is that I think there may be overlap in setting up one to trigger the other but it would be very helpful to know if these 2 are independently possible within Logic for the simple purpose of selecting a specific non-changing track.

Thanks for reading this and it would be great if anybody could shine a light on an answer :-)