Instruments keep on playing after stop

Mikinho

Hello,

I have an issue when playing back a software instrument recording:

The Instrument keeps on playing after stop has been pushed. For example: A kick drum in 120 bpm is playing. When pushing stop after the first kick, there are kick 2 and sometimes kick three playing ahead, but the playhead stopped correctly.

There are no additional Plugins in use, just a Ultrabeat, for example (certainly not in seq. mode!)

I have tis issue with LPX 10.1.1 and 10.0.7, no matter if using Logic instruments or 3rd party Plugins.

All other software like MPC Ren, Pro Tools, and also Logic Pro 9 doesn´t show this behaviour.

I´m using a Mac Pro 12core 3,33 GHz, 32 GB ECC Ram, OSX 10.9.5.

Does anybody have suggestions?

Thanks forward

Mike

It's probably due to latency induced somewhere else in the chain.

Do you have any plug-ins on your output channel?

Hello Eric,

Thanks for your thoughts, but there´s absolutely nothing than a EXS or a Ultrabeat with a Kick, 1 region with a 4 on the floor pattern and that´s it.

Anyway, I found the solution in an Apple support forum: The issue happens when using a 12core CPU and the Logic X prefs are set to Auto or to a higher amount than 12 cores… same problem with Logic Pro 9 when using more than 8 cores… strange!

I have the problem on logic 9 but with the synth modules not the drum ones. It may be a separate issue but I find it sustains a note long after I have finished pressing the key on the keyboard. I don't mean to hijack if this is not the same issue.

• 6 years later...