Logic not syncing Microbrute properly

emperor12

So I have this project that I am using a Microbrute in with the sequencer (of the MB) on....and every time I hit play the sequence of the Microbrute plays a bit late. It is not the same every time either. Sometimes its like a half beat off and sometimes its a 1/4 beat off etc. I have it set up over usb as an external instrument. I have the sync setup in preferences....The tempo plays properly...its just the starting of it is off.....wont play tightly..I thought that it was a Microbrute problem but just tried it in Ableton and it starts and plays tightly...perfect...Am I missing something in Logic.? Even if it started at the same offbeat time each play start then I'd know if was latency or something but....its a tiny bit different each time so I am lost..... :?

Not sure how the USB on micro brute works but if it's just a standard external midi track, make sure the delay setting in the instrument parameters is set to 'Auto Compensated Delay Offset' . Also in the old days logic used to be prone to midi feedback issues as all ins and outs are always enabled. Not sure if it affects logic X but maybe check Audio Midi Setup and see if disbaling stuff helps.