Stereo Output Problems in Logic

taylormadeministries

I've been experiencing two big issues with logic pro 9.1.8 that I desperately need help with, and they both are related to the Stereo Outputs.

1.) I have an EIE Pro that has 4 outputs. When I have it set as my audio interface and go under stereo output options in Logic, I get channels 1-2, and 3-4. Which is what I would expect. However when I go under mono output options, both channels 1 and 2 are "part of stereo output" and channels 3 and 4 are available as mono. Before, all 4 channels were available to me as mono, but now only channels 3 and 4. And if I select channels 1 or 2 under mono, I get no sound. (If I select stereo output, I still get no sound) What is going on? Here is a video showcasing the issue.

2.) I also have a Novation Audiohub 2x4 audio interface. Whenever I use that and have logic set to stereo output, I get nothing on channels 1 and 2 out of my audio interface. However, when I switch over to channels 3 and 4 I hear the sound, although it is clearly set to stereo output (channels 1 and 2) in Logic. What's happening? Here is a video showcasing the issue.

I've been searching the web for anyone who has been experiencing this and I keep hearing "outputs 1 and 2 are dead in Logic" and "nothing you can do about it." This seems like a simple routing issue, but I cannot figure it out. I initially thought this was an issue with my audio interface and so I took it back and tried 4 other interfaces, and got the same issues. So I know it is not the audio interface itself. Someone please help. What am I missing?

Frustrated Logic Lover

• 2 years later...
I'm not a Logic user, but I had this same problem with the Novation AudioHub too. There is the little button next to the headphone jack where you can select between 1-2 / 2-3. Mine was not popping out all the way when I clicked on it. In order to get mine to work again, I had to push it down kind of hard, then grab it between my fingers and pull it out all the way. Hopefully this helps someone : |