Muted tracks still showing up in the Bounce

bowserlm

Sometimes, not often, but a copy of a region can get trapped behind the front copy. So if that gets muted, the background region is still active. This happens if you've accidentally option+clicked on a region.

Try deleting the region you want to mute and see if there is a copy hiding under it, you can always undo if this fails.

Check your hidden tracks, there could be a duplicate track hiding there too.

a copy of a region can get trapped behind the front copy. So if that gets muted, the background region is still active.

This should not come into play here since the OP is muting the track itself.

I'm actually just trying to bounce an MP3 file. Not even trying to replace the soundtrack of a movie.

Can you provide a screenshot of your mixer and Main window?

Yeah 7 and 8 were doubled parts that I was gonna hook up to other instruments. There is no sound output from it right now.

The problem I'm having, is that my temp track, which is an audio track from a video file, keeps showing up in my MP3 bounce even thought it's muted and off.

The Movie audio itself may still be coming through. It may not have been set to mute in the preferences, which is what you generally do when you input the audio.

It would be getting channeled through your main out, so its very possible its contributing towards your bounce.

Go to File > Project Settings > Movie

See if the mute button has been engaged

Looks like the Mute button was engaged so it wasn't that. Though I did toggle it on and off to check.

I tried another bounce and this time it worked without the extra audio track, so perhaps it was turning off and on the mute button, or some other combination of a Mute/Track off.

Didn't know about the Mute button for the movie though, so that's good to know about.

Thanks for the help guys.

The Movie audio itself may still be coming through.

It does not work this way.

Audio playing from the movie never passes through Logic. It uses the System's setting to play.

When you open a movie in Logic for the first time and it asks you to import the audio, it usually mutes it by default. If you opt to import it at a later time, I think you might have to do it manually.

That's if I recall correctly. Is that true Eric??

The Mute button turns itself on if you choose to extract the audio.

• 5 years later...
This still happens. Latest version of logic, export audio to movie with the original movie track muted, it always ends up in there mixed into whatever else. It's an unfixed bug.

Not sure which version you're talking about because you haven't updated your signature with that information, but on 10.6.2, this works.

This still happens. Latest version of logic, export audio to movie with the original movie track muted, it always ends up in there mixed into whatever else. It's an unfixed bug.

It's not a bug, you just have to make sure you do not enable the original track in the "Choose Tracks to Export" dialog, otherwise you're mixing it back with your project's audio.

export.png.1fd6253d65510f931c109b35d0c14ad2.png

• 4 weeks later...

It's not a bug, you just have to make sure you do not enable the original track in the "Choose Tracks to Export" dialog, otherwise you're mixing it back with your project's audio.

export.png

Yep. This basically the issue in nutshell