Logic Pro X and Macbook 2015 GPU temperature

Falconex

Hello

I just switch to Macbook Pro 15 2015 with external monitor. One thing which i found first, is that the fans of Macbook go to max when i start Logic Pro X . I see in iStat that is cause GPU temp go high (second GPU- RadeonM9 M370x). And my question: Why logic pro need second GPU ? (I see in Activity Monitor that he uses it) I always think, that's for graphic or games feature… Any idea how to change this ? Or any idea how to resolve problem ? Or maybe it's normal ? >

This will probably be of concern to me too when i upgrade my osx/logic (especially if logic x is more graphics intensive). I have one of the 2011 macbook pros which are susceptible to the radeongate thing where the gpu's solder contacts to the motherboard crack with high temperatures. I had mine re-soldered with lead and had thermal paste applied, but to stop this from happening i would be wise to find out a way of disabling the extra graphics card.

When i was reading up on all this i remember seeing a post where someone had linked a free software to regulate graphics card temp, and to disable/enable it's use.

I will post it here if I can find it again.

Thank you very much for answer. To be honest temperatures are not extreme high, but fan noise annoys me.

Today I unplugged external monitor, and everything's fine (fans 2000/ 3000 rpm - in this same Logic project) But in activity monitor i see that Logic still using second GPU. I think that the external monitor and Logic Pro using second GPU in same time is problem. I'm sure there must be solution for this… There are versions of Macbook without second GPU, and Logic works fine.

PS. If you find this software will be great. I found gfxCardStatus, but in this you can't change grahic if you have external monitor...

The fans run for a reason, it isn't a great idea to try to regulate them. It shouldn't be a surprise that a heavy duty app like Logic cause the computer to work hard. And who cares about the temp, if the machine isn't shutting off it isn't overheating.

+1, but a hotter machine dies a lot earlier.