Best Pre-Set sound to mimick a Rhythm Guitar?

Tallmale

Hi everyone,

I have got two questions I need help with.

The first is what is the best Pre-set sound/Patch that can mimick a Rhythm Guitar? As I need to add Rhythm guitar to some of my songs and none of the guitar loops are suitable. So I would like to play the Rhythm guitar tracks in myself.

The second is what is the best Pre-Set sound/patch that can mimick a guitar solo? As I need to add a guitar solo into some of my songs as well and again I have found that the guitar loops are not suitable.

Many thanks.

There are some very good third party libraries for this. I am fond of those from Pettinhouse.I just composed music for special material for the DVD release of "Love And Mercy" about Brian Wilson and used them and the client was very pleased at how well I was able to evoke The Beach Boys.

Yep tough indeed. It's something that Logic doesn't really cover well either, not yet anyway. But you never know which direction they may take us next.

I'd suggest 3rd party. I have a couple of AmpleSound instruments, plus EastWest Ghostwriter does some nice power guitars and then I also have the NI Funk Guitarist. Sometimes I'll even cover some guitar parts by playing parts higher up on my 5 string bass. It's tuned E-C so I can get into that range a bit.

If I had the money available I'd simple go out and buy a guitar and spend some time learning it. I know keys & bass quite competently, can't be too much of a hurdle.

Tell you what though, Logic's guitar amps and effects are pretty capable. If I'm not using that then I'm using GTR, in fact I probably use it just a bit more, probably because I paid for it!! LOL

Most of the times the amps you get with your virtual guitar isn't that great. Not bad for a quick preview, but I usually end up turning them off and opt for either the Logic or GTR amps.

I like, and have used both, NI Session Guitarist STRUMMED ACOUSTIC, and OrangeTree Samples Evolution Stratosphere.

The latter from OrangeTree runs a little under $200, but the guitar sounds are actually stunning. Then, in Logic through the pedal board or (As someone mentioned) Waves GTR, you can really get a great guitar sound without a guitar.

Another option that's definitely worth a look / demo download at least is GS2 from AAS.

https://www.applied-acoustics.com/strum-gs-2/

It does both acoustic & elec guitars and features a number of rhythmic patterns / articulations that require a bit of practice / weird keyboard technique to get sounding "right". Once you've got a handle on this, however, it's easy to pull off convincing guitar parts.