Audio Engine Overload (activity monitor different than logic

morganmd7

So I'm using my iMac (listed below) for a pretty big project (using multiple Kontakt, Omnisphere, EXS24 and built in sounds). About 10 audio software instrument tracks and 20 audio tracks. I keep getting an "audio engine overload" error. (I seem to get it most often right after I open the project)

I see on my Logic activity meter one of the 4 audio meters peaks (not the disk). But when I watch my Activity Monitor (utilities) app it says less than half of my CPU is being used. I'm puzzled as to what's going on?

I know I have plenty of RAM (it shows I still have 10 gb free). Is the CPU the problem? If so why doesn't the Activity Monitor reflect Logic's activity monitor?

Really appreciate anyone's help. I know this issue has been hashed out a lot but I'm confused about the disparity between my activity monitors.

Ok, I just selected an empty audio track. It seemed to peak pretty much the same, one of the 4 audio meters peaked. I don't get the error every time, I'm just wondering what's causing it to max out when my Activity Monitor CPU meter is only at about 50%

The one core cpu spike is a common problem in Logic,try search in here or google it ..

Or read this https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201838