Logic Pro X - 10.2 is out

B_Stone

what do the green vs. blue rings around the knobs in alchemy mean? pretty damn hard to find in the manual.

maybe it has something to do with morph destinations

lol

Blue = Active source

Green = Morph enabled/value for the source

Orange = Mod assignment/value for the source.

thanks, seems a little unintuitive. the 'modulation' on the left side doesn't follow what I'm clicking on, you have to keep clicking "show target" to get them to line up. It would also be ideal to get a complete list of all modulations. The interface is bizarre and seems a little rushed, kind of like it's trying to borrow from serum.

lol

thanks, seems a little unintuitive. the 'modulation' on the left side doesn't follow what I'm clicking on, you have to keep clicking "show target" to get them to line up. It would also be ideal to get a complete list of all modulations. The interface is bizarre and seems a little rushed, kind of like it's trying to borrow from serum.

lol

Right-click (or Control-click) on any knob in the synth section. This reveals all mod sources...and is very intuitive/fast - once you've got the hang of it.

Look at the hierarchy of the documentation - it follows the hierarchy of the synth itself.

lol

Right-click on any knob in the synth section. This reveals all mod sources...and is very intuitive/fast - once you've got the hang of it.

Look at the hierarchy of the documentation - it follows the hierarchy of the synth itself.

When you right-click a knob, a "go to modulation" would be very helpful to track down the source of something you want to change. The only thing you can do now is clear it entirely, what if you don't want to do that and just back it down a tad? It could really use some work.

lol

[

When you right-click a knob, a "go to modulation" would be very helpful to track down the source of something you want to change. The only thing you can do now is clear it entirely, what if you don't want to do that and just back it down a tad? It could really use some work.

lol

OK...I think I see where things might be confusing.

Left click a param in the synth section - say Cutoff in the main filter. It (the knob) turns blue and updates the Mod Rack below.

A scroll bar appears if there are more than 4-5 mod sorces for the selected target (Cutoff knob).

You can use the Bypass button for any mod destination in the rack, or can use the Mod Rack menus to remove/replace a mod routing.

Routings can also be added with the right-click on a parameter.

Mod rack Depth knobs let you control each routing.

[

lol

OK...I think I see where things might be confusing.

Left click a param in the synth section - say Cutoff in the main filter. It (the knob) turns blue and updates the Mod Rack below.

A scroll bar appears if there are more than 4-5 mod sorces for the selected target (Cutoff knob).

You can use the Bypass button for any mod destination in the rack, or can use the Mod Rack menus to remove/replace a mod routing.

Routings can also be added with the right-click on a parameter.

Mod rack Depth knobs let you control each routing.

it does kind of make sense, and takes getting used to

lol

Just another gripe in playing with alchemy, it amazes me that it is shooting a single core's utilization up through the roof, this day and age.

I've got a new macbook pro, it's on 256 buffers, nothing but alchemy is in the session.

Why can't they make these things multi-core by now?

Anybody noticed that the width of the channel strips in the Mixer is smaller, even when the "bigger" setting is selected? For example, when I put a UAD 1176 on an insert, I used to see UAD UA 1176. Now, the 6 is missing. Same with the Ext Inst plugin, it's not written as it used to be.

Blink

No, it's the exact same size. I even checked in Photoshop, but there must be a different naming scheme or something regarding the plugin names... here is a screen grab to see (I took a screenshot in 10.1.1 then another in 10.2.0 and put them side by side to measure and they line up exactly the same width etc.. only difference is that naming construct.)

LogicChannelStrips.thumb.jpg.fbff436d9f19cfe576e31fe11ce70b3b.jpg

lol

Right-click (or Control-click) on any knob in the synth section. This reveals all mod sources...and is very intuitive/fast - once you've got the hang of it.

What documentation?

Would you mind sharing a url to reach it?

what do the green vs. blue rings around the knobs in alchemy mean? pretty damn hard to find in the manual.

maybe it has something to do with morph destinations

lol

Speaking of Alchemy manual, anyone knows where to find it (pdf ideally) ?

Speaking of manuals, I wonder when Apple will update those? It seems the posted ones are dating form 2013...

Edited by Atlas007

Speaking of Alchemy manual, anyone knows where to find it (pdf ideally) ?

Speaking of manuals, I wonder when Apple will update those? It seems the posted ones are dating form 2013...

LPX Help

http://help.apple.com/logicpro/mac/10.2/?lang=en

Insts Help

http://help.apple.com/logicpro-instruments/mac/10.2/?lang=en

FX Help

http://help.apple.com/logicpro-effects/mac/10.2/?lang=en

ePub versions are available in the iBooks Store

And ... That's it . Just recovered the original MAressource file and the power button is there !

But I miss my custom light grey look :evil: :mrgreen:

It should be easy to modify, if you want to try it yourself: https://logicxinterfaces.wordpress.com/2015/08/25/how-to-make-a-custom-grey-light-mod-in-10-2/

I haven't downloaded 10.2. yet, but when I have time, this will be the first mod I put on the blog.

Ok thanx ;)

So far, so good. . . .

Just checked out Alchemy. It works. It's not all that much different than the other synths that I have (from Native-Instruments). It makes sounds go "bleep-blop-boop" in rhythm. Just can't too excited about that. (I'm not into EDM.) But the program itself seems stable for my modest orchestral sequencing and video-scoring projects.

Just checked out Alchemy. It works. It's not all that much different than the other synths that I have (from Native-Instruments). It makes sounds go "bleep-blop-boop" in rhythm. Just can't too excited about that.

It's a deep synth. It you spend five minutes flicking through some presets you're not going to understand it's strengths and unique abilities - in that case it's just a few thousand extra synth presets for you.