21 months of my life wasted.

Newguy716

For the last 21 months I've been trying to get great stereo sound in my home studio AND in my car stereo too. (And don't say "EQ" that is not the answer.) I have been seriously considering just dropping Logic Pro and switching to another DAW that seems to work perfectly on it's own when as I studied the other DAW I suddenly saw what that other DAW was doing differently then Logic Pro and it hit me that there is a built in fatal flaw in logic Pro which cannot be ignored if you want good stereo in the studio and in the car.

I've been asking the geniuses at Logic Pro and the geniuses on all these boards for help and all I have ever gotten back is "EQ" or that "You're (I'm) stupid and want fast results without working for it". Well. I worked for it but I now because of the shabby treatment i have received on this board I refuse to pass on how I can take the lousy Steinway samples that Logic pro provides and turn them into fantastic, super real, wide and deep stereo live presence piano in the studio and in the car.

I post this to say one thing! I am furious at Logic Pro's built in fatal flaw that has cost me 21 months of my life that I can never get back. Do you know how much money that equals to? That I lost trying to learn a flawed program? If you also recognize the difference in sound quality between Logic Pro in the studio and in the car then I'm going to suggest that you switch to a different DAW and throw Logic Pro away.

Seriously, Don't do what I did and waste 21 months of your life trying to get LP to do what other DAWS do automatically without those other users even knowing about it. I wish I had read this post before I bought LP and just bought a different DAW that works in the studio and in the car automatically. I would be money ahead even if the other DAW does cost much more then LP at first.

Do not respond to this post as I will probably never return to this forum again to read it. Just switch DAWS if you can't figure out how to get great stereo sound in your car (AND IT ISN'T EQ!!!).

Edited by Newguy716

...mmmmmmmm...any bets on if he's been back to read any of this?...im sorry for his troubles though, but i never actually understood his problem/situation so how could i offer usefull information/advise? :| ...but i have to admit, curiosity has got me, i'd love to hear the answer. If only to understand the original question. :roll: .../s~

Damn!!! Damn!!! Damn!!! this rotten stinking DAW.

I've been pounding on this machine day and night for 21 whole months and I still can't beat the living fatal flaw out of it.

Sensors tell me it has to be a fatal flaw. My technique is superb and everyone else is so stupid.

Damn it all to hell.

Scotty, prepare to beam me down to Pro Tools.

Kirk out.

kirk_2.gif.4389904ca1a43d4848cc27d71f3429e4.gif

He is right, I have no car, but when I test my music in my airplane, the stereo is horrible, a great sound engineering told me that it was cause of the monitor in my airplane that was mono, but even in mono, the stereo should sounds good, so I tried another DAW, and believe me, now I can listen to stereo on the mono monitoring of the airplane!!!! I lost more than 20 years of my life trying to get stereo in my airplane cause of Logic, if you want good stereo in studio and airplane, don't lost your time with Logic, go to another DAW ;o) Now, the question is, is it the same magical result in studio and bicycle????

Ah ah thanks to make my day, sometimes, nothing more, nothing less to have a great day.

Logic comes with low quality stock piano samples? So what?

I missed what I can only assume was an epic couple of years worth of threads, but this one was worth my time, certainly.

To be honest, I've always taken issue with Logic's panning laws, so maybe that's what it's about? I get wider mixes elsewhere, but I can still get it to sound good in the car... Maybe he needs some EQ?

Or maybe he wired his car stereo wrong and his car really IS in mono!!! (Remember, kids, *always* mix and EQ in mono...)

i put these http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SCM150ASL in my volkswagen, and it made all the difference! try it! plus, turns out the 'foster the people' song that comes with logic...was done in fruity loops! so, by rewiring FL into LX, i can get a true 'pro' sound! one last tip: pan EVERYTHING to the left speaker, and in the right...you'll hear the true value of your post! 8) Edited by fisherking