Logic Pro X 10.2 Could not export Logic Pro X audio

tkdman

This is a new one and it didn't do this in 10.1

When exporting Audio to video, it will do it on the first pass if you just import the movie and go.

However, it will only export to length of the shortest audio file ( at least as far as I can tell it got really frustrating trying to recreate the same situation over and over. SO the movie audio cuts off.

When you try to do it after that first pass - it gives me an error - Cannot Export Logic Pro Audio.

Lamesauce.

Fortunately I have Protools 12 as well so I exported my audio and made Protools session so I could finish the job, They need to fix this big though, I found two other people who seem to have it as well. Anyone else?

PS _ ive done ALOT of video work in logic and Im not missing something silly, its a genuine error. Im just trying to find out if its system specific or if its happening everywhere.

CH

:|

• 2 weeks later...

Posting for this one again.

Ever since I upgraded to 10.2 I can't export Audio to Video I get the error message

"Could not export Logic Pro X Audio"

Really wondering if anyone has a fix for the.

I have tried everything - synch settings are set to internal. Im really frustrated as this is really killing my workflow. :roll:

Any help is appreciated.

CH

Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic 10.0.7)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS 10.9.3)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)

• Memory (e.g. 2GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. Presonus AudioBox USB)

• MIDI Controller manufacturer and model (e.g. M-Audio Axiom Pro 49)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

Can you also detail what your hard drive situation is (how many, which size/kind, where the project is saved)?

• 7 months later...
Posting for this one again.

Ever since I upgraded to 10.2 I can't export Audio to Video I get the error message

"Could not export Logic Pro X Audio"

Really wondering if anyone has a fix for the.

I have tried everything - synch settings are set to internal. Im really frustrated as this is really killing my workflow. :roll:

Any help is appreciated.

CH

So is there a solution to this problem? I have the same. Trying to export a looped section of a video with audio and the error message keeps popping up. Not using any external hard drives, just trying to get it down on the desktop at the moment. Section that I'm trying to export is about 6 minutes long, the whole video file is a little over an hour. Everything's currently located on the desktop. Please help!

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Same problem here...never seen this problem before. On 11.3.1, just updated my system to big sur...wondering if there's a connection with that. On logic 10.6. Tried the cycle marker fix and removing and reintroducing the movie...nothing works. At the moment i'm bouncing audio and heading back to final cut for the final export which is an extra step I've never needed to do.

Anyone else have this problem with Big Sur? Or know of a fix?

Even on Catalina with 10.5.something or 10.6.something (I forget which one at the time) I had this issue crop up once.

Worth noting: if a region is highlighted, as is the default for Logic with an audio only bounce, that range is all that will be bounced. (Of course, you can change this manually in the Bounce dialog, though the same one does not pop up when exporting audio to video.) As a rule of thumb I always select the movie’s audio track or set a cycle range for the export, depending on my needs for the given cue. If there is no video at a given part of the export range, it’ll present this error. It’s a workflow problem I had encountered before, but I thought I had figured out the solution.

What happened to me that one time is Logic set the cycle range ever so slightly before the beginning of the video file. I had to zoom in to a very high amount to notice the issue. It’s worth looking at whether or not that’s what’s going on.

Even on Catalina with 10.5.something or 10.6.something (I forget which one at the time) I had this issue crop up once.

Worth noting: if a region is highlighted, as is the default for Logic with an audio only bounce, that range is all that will be bounced. (Of course, you can change this manually in the Bounce dialog, though the same one does not pop up when exporting audio to video.) As a rule of thumb I always select the movie’s audio track or set a cycle range for the export, depending on my needs for the given cue. If there is no video at a given part of the export range, it’ll present this error. It’s a workflow problem I had encountered before, but I thought I had figured out the solution.

What happened to me that one time is Logic set the cycle range ever so slightly before the beginning of the video file. I had to zoom in to a very high amount to notice the issue. It’s worth looking at whether or not that’s what’s going on.

Thanks for this. Yes, I was careful to match up the cycle range with the movie length. DIdn't make a difference. Still have the same issue. Am downloading 10.6.2 right now...see if that makes a difference!

• 1 year later...

I'm getting the "Can't export Logic Audio" error when exporting a Movie file in 10.7.4. It only occurs when the cycle range starts before the movie as noted above. What seems strange is that when I use the Move Movie to Playhead command, the movie isn't being placed exactly on the downbeat I selected. It's just late enough to cause this issue. I definitely think this is a bug because I've never had this problem and I've exported a LOT of movie files.

Here's a screenshot of what's happening after I used the Move Movie to Playhead command. 

What's really strange is that sometimes it works at certain places in the session and other times it doesn't. So if I have five variations of the cue to export to movie, some might export fine and some won't. It just depends on if the Move Movie gets it right or not. 

Move Movie to Playhead (almost).png

• 5 months later...