Flex Pitch MIDI In to receive from existing MIDI track?

gguter

Hello,

Trying to use the "Midi-In" button on a vocal track with flex pitch active in the track editor to use an EXISTING MIDI track's information to "tell" the audio track which pitches should be present. Is this possible? A function from within the MIDI Environment perhaps? Is there some way to route the MIDI track to the audio track to accomplish this?

Many thanks in advance,

Gerhard

Flex-Pitch-MIDI-IN-enabled.jpg.3654ff6ea1e6f885bb09c47ce3bd2e42.jpg

A bit of a hit and miss in my experience, but try this:

1) With the MIDI In button on, place the playhead over the middle of anote.

2) Press a key on your MIDI controller.

The note should be transposed to the pitch of the key you pressed, and the playhead moves forward to the beginning of the next note, ready for you to transpose it.

Hi David,

Thank you as always for all your help. I've generally been able to do what you describe. This time, however, I have a pre-existing, single-note melody on its own software instrument track. It's already timed/synchronized perfectly with the vocalist's audio, but the singer is off by several scale degrees at times. Using MIDI-IN, might you know of a way to use said pre-existing MIDI data from the playhead position to transpose the audio pitches (i.e. either in playback or step-entry mode)?

I hope this makes sense.

Kindest Regards,

Gerhard

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...