Problem with audio (vocals) not being saved

Tallmale

Hi everyone,

I seem to have a re-occuring problem with audio tracks not being saved when I save a song project. In this particular case it is vocals not being saved as a part of the song project and despite saving the files correctly when I try to re-open the files i get an error message which reads:

"The audio file "Lead Vocals - Final Lyrics 2#01.aif" was not found in its expected location"

It then states that I can locate this file manually. Please note that that I am not saving the files as a project folder but as a "Package".

What I would like to know is how to fix this issue because it has happened before? And can someone also tell me if the file "Lead Vocals - Final Lyrics 2#01.aif" which was recorded as a part of the "Package" is somewhere on my computer? And how can I locate it?

Many thanks.

Hi Eric,

When I select Recording > Recording settings and look at the bottom of the window as you suggest there is nothing there, no path at all. Where the field Folder is there is nothing afterwards.

When I look at where the vocal audio should be in the track you can just see a blank recording. So a block of colour is there but no actual vocals.

I have also tried recording a snippet of audio and I have then opened the Project Audio Browser as you suggested but is not being displayed in the project audio window and there is no path there.

Many thanks.

• 5 years later...
Hi Eric,

When I select Recording > Recording settings and look at the bottom of the window as you suggest there is nothing there, no path at all. Where the field Folder is there is nothing afterwards.

When I look at where the vocal audio should be in the track you can just see a blank recording. So a block of colour is there but no actual vocals.

I have also tried recording a snippet of audio and I have then opened the Project Audio Browser as you suggested but is not being displayed in the project audio window and there is no path there.

Many thanks.

Did you ever figure out exactly what was causing this?

Did you ever figure out exactly what was causing this?

You should never actually change your recording path manually.

What you should do is:

1. Create a new project.

2. Before you record any audio at all, save the project: File > Save. Give it a name and a location in the Finder. Select the boxes to organize the project as a folder and select "Copy audio files".

From now on, any audio files you record inside the project will consistently be saved inside the "Audio Files" folder contained inside the project folder you just saved.