Pop/Click sound on beginning/end of recording

graymatter86

Every time i record audio there is a pop/click kind of sound (that sounds like clipping but is not) at the begging/end of a recording. it is NOT in the recording itself because if i have a little bit of silence before or after...it does not make the noise. when i go to cut the excess silence off...(to make the recording ready to loop) THEN and only then does it make the noise. it makes logic pretty much useless. i have NO effects or plugins running and it still does it. i can only have 1 track and it still will happen. it happens during playback and also when i bounce a song. i am running logic pro x on a late 2013 iMac with 32 gigs of ram and a 3.5 GHz intel core i7 processor. PLEASE HELP!!! thank you.

Hi there!

Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic Pro X 10.2)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS X El Capitan 10.11.2)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2.2 GHz Intel i7)

• Memory (e.g. 8GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. RME Babyface Pro)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

it only happens with some audio recordings...
Every time i record audio there is a pop/click kind of sound (that sounds like clipping but is not) at the begging/end of a recording. it is NOT in the recording itself because if i have a little bit of silence before or after..

:?: :?: :?:

Do you use any plug-ins on the tracks that are causing you grief?

You can post a snippet of an audio file here if you would want us to have a look.

Have same problem when exporting audio loop. After bounce it adds a little click at the both sides of audio(at the start and at the end) it sounds like one little click, but it breaks loop((

ps: i've tried few technics using crossfades but it doesn't helped, when i'm listening to the loop it sounds great, but after bounce i've got click...

pss: no effects on audio track at all, just clear audio file.

I've tried it on 10.2 version but it doesn't work, even putting micro fades at the beginnings and end of the file + starting from zero cross point - doesn't work. every time it makes a little click. one more thing sometimes this click couldn't be heard when it's looping, but it's heard at the beginnings of the audio file... that's because the audio doesn't start from zero point i think, and if i'll put fades there it will be the same. my mind is blowing up... HELP!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Do you have any plug-ins on that track? Try bypassing them and listen if the click disappears for a particular one.

After reviewing this thread, I have determined that Waves One Knob Filter, when enabled, is created an audible 'pop' when I press play. The 'pop' does disappear when I disable OneKnob. Very odd. Any ideas on how to eliminate?

• 11 months later...
I've got this exact problem. There's a click in front of several audio regions when playing in track mode, but it's not there in audio edit, just a smooth fade in. Like others here, I tried doing a little fade, restarting logic, and turning off all plugins. Using a UAD Apollo if that matters, but I doubt it. Logic 10.4.2