Audio region wave form shifting to the right after split

juanmooreraps

Very simple, every time I split an audio region, the region to the right of the split shifts over to the right and sometimes the left a bunch of samples. Now I read to change my drag mode to overlap, but for some reason that hasn't helped. This has made my audio editing nearly impossible because everything is falling out of sync so easily. Is there a fix for this? Im pretty sure I have a bug going on. Im running Logic x 10.2 on yosemite. Still have logic 9 installed. Going crazy, been trying to fix this for weeks, about to burn my computer. Thanks.

It sounds to me like you are experiencing this bug:

Audio Regions moving when cutting [bUG]

You know I just saw your post and hoped that there was a fix but it just seems we gotta wait for the next update then? Any workarounds? Im thinking of going back to 9 but logic x just sounds so much better.

• 1 year later...
Logic Pro X 10.3.2 .. and this BUG stills there.. almost impossible to work this way.. everything is out of synchronization ... I won't if they will ever fix this.. or maybe in Logic Pro X 11 .

Not happening here.

all logic users have that bug.. no matter if it appears in your song or not.. you have it. this is a bug. that exists in every logic version.

Easily testable:

Take a full mix wav file. Place it on two tracks starting on the first bar. . Split onlLy one of them on bar number two. If it still sounds in ohase after the split, then it is only a graphical bug.

Remember to turn the master volume down. Two tracks of the exact same volume will sound twice as loud.

• 4 months later...
Is snap edits to zero crossing on? (snap drop down menu)

no matter what snap you have selected.. it will happen.. I had try with all. and all setting I can imagine.

I had report this BUG like 20 times.. in 2 years.. or 3.. or 4.. please somebody else report this BUG too in..

Logic Feedback. Please..

I can't replicate here either, even with a tempo of 151 and sample rate of 48kHz, Snap set to Smart.

Out of curiosity, what happens if you turn Snap off?

can you replicate this one ?

No it does not happen only with " 4 ticks long "

Then can you give one specific set of steps to reproduce? For example stating exactly at what position the playhead is when you cut etc...?

I've tried but cannot reproduce what I see in your videos.

Shure I'm on 24bits / 48 khz always, strange__ this bug drives me nuts

the Bug starts at min 2:50