sidechain on bus gives delay

barneyfresh

Hi guys,

Hope someone can help me. All of a sudden i have this super weird bug.

When I route channels to a bus, and put sidechain on it ( I tried different ones: lfo tool, Pro-MB, Volumeshaper and Kickstart), the sidechain starts on the kick, and not on the hihat, so to speak, so it's off..

I never had this before and sidechain works on channels themselves, just not when grouped on a bus.

And in old projects, where there already is sidechain on a bus, it does work like it has, but when i add a sidechain plugin (to see if the bug is still there) the problem repeats.

So basically it is a new bug,

putting latency compensation on 'all' doesnt work :(

I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance!

Bart

• 3 years later...
No fix for no bug ;)

Theres over 100 threads discussing this. Don't mislead people. Simply use an aux track to side chain and there it is. No other daw has this. Delay compensation only works on the main tracks not on aux, so therefor any side chain you use from auxes or track stacks is obsolete. A bit ridiculous even for 9 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...
No fix for no bug ;)

Theres over 100 threads discussing this. Don't mislead people. Simply use an aux track to side chain and there it is. No other daw has this. Delay compensation only works on the main tracks not on aux, so therefor any side chain you use from auxes or track stacks is obsolete. A bit ridiculous even for 9 years ago.

I'm glad you pointed me to your wisdom. The OP wrote it was not there before, and that was 3 years ago. You talk about a bug that is 9 years old. I think you talk about a different issue. Not saying you're wrong though.

The way I understand the OP, I cannot reproduce his bug. I can do side chaining in an aux with no delay. I don't use an aux to side chain a plugin. That is a different story.

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I know this is an old thread but I had the same issue when as soon as I put a side chain plug-in on my side chain bus, the side chain is delayed and does not hit on the first beat of the bar. I did however manage to find out why this happened. The project is quite large with around 200 tracks and it was my lead bus that was the issue. When I removed the lead bus from the side chain, the problem disappeared. The problem was a plug-in on the lead bus that for some reason caused delay, only on the side chain (I used kickstart). The plug-in was soundshifter pitch by Waves. I also had around. 10-15 synth tracks routed to the lead bus. Maybe this also played a part. But to sum up, the problem disappeared when I removed the pitch plug-in from the lead bus.