Deleting Audio Files (from Project File)?

Gareth Williams79

Hi everybody, does anybody know …

How do you delete audio (audio files) from a song/project file and make the audio file actually delete from the computer not just disappear from the project arrangement? The only way I know of is to delete it from the project arrangement first then go to File/Project Management/Clean Up …/Delete Unused Files,

However, I worry about doing that as it does not (to my knowledge) give you any confirmation of what files it is going to delete and I want to make sure it isn’t going to delete something else that I actually want!

The reason for this question is I want to delete some unneeded song/project files and want all the audio from them to be deleted too so they are not left languishing somewhere on my computer forever! So I thought I would delete all the audio from the project file first and then delete the project file itself.

Thanks for any help

Gareth

Thanks Triplets. I will try that. Actually there is only one audio file recorded in the song so it should bring up only one file to delete. The reason I was worried is I might have other projects with similar or identical names in other folders e.g NewSong_01 etc. and I was a bit worried it might delete audio recorded in other projects at the same time.

BTW. is there no way of just selected the audio file in the project/song arrangement and deleting it from the computer? Like you can when you first record it?

• 3 weeks later...
By the way. I have one more problem! I have tried to delete some other unused audio files in another project but when I go to delete them through the project audio window I get this scary warning message! It says, “used region(s) to remove from Tracks!” Abort or Delete. What is it talking about? The file/s are not in the arrangement! I have aborted because the warning has worried me!