Logic X Slow Scrolling Speed When Dragging Over Regions

Kelly Davidson

Hey all,

Does anyone know if there's a way to speed up Logic X's scrolling speed when dragging to select regions? I have large sessions with over 200 midi tracks, and I frequently have to select all the midi regions from the top to the bottom of my session (but not ALL the regions in a session so please don't suggest cmd-a). I just upgraded to Logic X from Logic 9, and the scrolling speed when you drag is SO SLOW in X compared to 9.

It may just be the way X is programmed. But please, if anyone has any ideas I'd be eternally grateful!

Yeah, the sig is right--except its Mac Pro 5,1 and I forgot to mention I have 2 processors. I just recently did the El Capitan upgrade, but Logic X drag was slow before that. Everything else in Logic (and elsewhere) has been working fine post-upgrade. Most of the instruments are hosted on a couple slave pcs in VEP or on the main rig in VEP. I don't use to many extra plugins in Logic either. Anyway, I can open a brand new empty session, put 20 tracks in it, and I still get the same slow drag speed...

• 5 years later...
Hey all,

Does anyone know if there's a way to speed up Logic X's scrolling speed when dragging to select regions? I have large sessions with over 200 midi tracks, and I frequently have to select all the midi regions from the top to the bottom of my session (but not ALL the regions in a session so please don't suggest cmd-a). I just upgraded to Logic X from Logic 9, and the scrolling speed when you drag is SO SLOW in X compared to 9.

It may just be the way X is programmed. But please, if anyone has any ideas I'd be eternally grateful!

Hi Kelly, I know this post is pretty old, but I experience the same problem on Mojave with LPX 10.5.1, I too come from good old LP9, did you manage to find a way to speed up the scrolling speed while selecting?