Logic X stock plugins missing presets

Br0ckout
Go to solution Solved by Eric Cardenas,

• 6 months later...

Hi,

Same problem here. Installed Logic 10.2.4 on a new MBP running 10.11.6 (no other versions of Logic previously on this machine). 

For comparison, I also have Logic 10.0.4 on my iMac running Mavericks.

In this new install, some, but not all, of the stock effects plugins are missing all their presets. The stock instruments seem to have theirs as far as I can tell.

For example, Space Designer has all its presets, but Platinum Verb has none. Rotor Cab has none, but in my slightly older version of Logic X on my other rig, it has its presets.

And so on. It seems kind of random in a way.

In the Sound Library Manager, everything shows as installed. I've re-selected and re-installed both the top item (Essential Sounds....) and also Legacy and Compatibility(which did show as Incomplete, but now it says Installed). Still, lots of missing presets.

Restarted the machine of course just in case that was a factor.

Do I need to re-install Logic and everything from scratch? Seems crazy. Is there a way to get the stock presets and put them in the right location on my machine so they'll show up?

The first step I'd take is to check the locations where those preset files should be, which is Library > Application Support > Logic > Plug In Settings. It should look something like this:

1257163999_pic2016-08-25at09_29_01.PNG.6df1e27e6a566aec00da7f638a609b69.PNG

Note that I have about 152 MB of presets; but I hardly ever use stock presets, so I am not sure if I am also missing them from some plugins, but I don't think so.

Are they there, but they do not show up in Logic? Then use Disk Utility to check and if necessary repair the disk; if that doesn't solve it, you may have to refresh your Spotlight index (that is a hunch, I am not sure if Spotlight is responsible for locating those presets).

Thanks. Yes, I checked that out. The missing presets are not in that location, (but the plug-ins with presets do have presets in that location). I also looked in "admin>Music>Audio Music Apps>Plug-In Settings" and there's nothing in there for any of the plug-ins at all.

Do you think I can just copy my presets from my other machine running Logic 10.0.2 and put them in this correct location? Worth a try I guess. I just hate to wonder what else I'm missing that I'll discover later on down the road!

I also for example just re-installed Reverbs in the Sound Library Manager. Still no presets in Platinum verb where they should be(yet Sound Designer has its presets). None of the delays have their presets. It's weird. But then I go to something like Pedalboard, and all the presets seem to be there. Channel Eq has presets but Compressor has none. As I say, it seems random!

• 6 months later...
Yes. It's the same link.

Tried that install. For some reason my Amp presets only show "Clean, Crunch & Distorted" folders on my MacPro... and MBP shows 3 more folder choices with presets (Browse By Tone, Pure Amps & Hybrid Amps). I htought this thread might be the answer to that but they are the same still. All "Sound Library content" says it's DL'd of course. What else might I try or look at?  If it's just these I can copy them over, but not sure what else might be incomplete that I don't know about yet.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
You can use this link to install the correct presets:

Plug-in Settings Installer

Hi Eric, this Installer didn't work for me. I've considered copying the Plug-In Settings Folder from an old drive that has all the presets, but I'm sure this will have unforeseen circumstances, one I know being that my defaults would be replaced. Any solutions? I'm not even sure why it is this way, any ideas why? I'm currently on Sierra with LPX 10.3.1, and my old drive with all presets was Yosemite with LPX 10.2.4.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...