musical typing not working 10.2.1 [SOLVED]

skltr2182
Go to solution Solved by skltr2182,

i just sat down for the first time in months to work on some music and i downloaded the latest update to logic. open a project and try to open musical typing. it opens the musical typing window, but when you press keys on the keyboard on my macbook it doesn't do anything. is this a problem with the latest update or am i the only person having this problem?

• 4 years later...

i really need help with this problem also.

I have been using Logic Pro X for 3 years and usually am able to find a way out of simple problems like this just by looking through the internet but today I am experiencing this issue and I have no idea how to get out of it.

I have done the 'Bypass All Control Surfaces' option, opened a new project entirely and made sure the right track is activated but still nothing. I have the MT keyboard up and every time I try and record with it, the keys activate the shortcut controls rather than the keyboard notes I am attempting to pay.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

I have done the 'Bypass All Control Surfaces' option, opened a new project entirely and made sure the right track is activated but still nothing. I have the MT keyboard up and every time I try and record with it, the keys activate the shortcut controls rather than the keyboard notes I am attempting to pay.

Can you share a screenshot? How to attach files to your post

If you're working off a custom template, try to instead use a brand new empty project for troubleshooting and try to make it work there?

HI David

I have tried this also and it has exactly the same problem. I'm not really sure what else I can do.

I have opened up a new project entirely and put it on a software instrument setting and it has the same problem.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi David,

I am also having this issue, no clue how to fix this one. When I try and type on the keyboard with musical typing open, it just acts as if the window is not open, for example the "a" key on my keyboard should play a C but instead it just opens track automation. The musical typing keyboard has also stopped showing up when I press cmd-K, seems to be related.

I have tried the other steps, like "Bypass all Control Surfaces" but it didn't seem to work.

I have also tried one of my different projects, and even a completely blank (No Template) project, and all have this problem. 

spacer.png

Edited by glouis
adding more info