Keep track in view even when scrolling

Garre33

Hey guys!

I haven't been able to find the correct way of describing what I'm looking to do, so my searches aren't leading to any useful info.

Anyway I'm trying to find a way to 'lock' a track so that it is ALWAYS visible in the arrange window, not to be confused with freezing or smpte locking. For instance, I have a dialogue or temp track that I reference very often, and it is a pain to have to keep scrolling all the way up to the top (where I keep it) and back to the track I'm working with (my sessions contain 48+ tracks so constantly scrolling up to the top to solo and/or mute the dlg or mx track becomes a major workflow killer).

So if there's a way to lock a track/region/row so that it's always there no matter where you scroll (much like locking a row/column in a spreadsheet/word processor) I have yet to find it...

Any insights or suggestions are MUCH appreciated-

Thanks!

This could work perfectly! By 'unlink' do you mean stopping the second arrange window from jumping to the track you have selected in the original arrange window? If so how do you go about doing that? It also seems there is a size minimum on the arrange window of about 10 tracks, but that might be solved by unlinking...

Thanks!

This could work perfectly! By 'unlink' do you mean stopping the second arrange window from jumping to the track you have selected in the original arrange window? If so how do you go about doing that? It also seems there is a size minimum on the arrange window of about 10 tracks, but that might be solved by unlinking...

Thanks!

I was referring to the Link option found in the View menu. But after testing it, I realize it does not work!? Another coder oversight! :roll:

In that case, perhaps using the Hide track feature, to temporarely hide away those tracks you don't need to keep in sight?

The only problem with the Hide track feature is that when I unhide all of the tracks, it leaves me at the top of the track list instead of jumping back to the track I was originally working with meaning I have to scroll back down... which doesn't seem like an issue until my template has 50+ tracks to sift through.

I'll add this to my ongoing list of 20+ Logic bugs that haven't been fixed since I started using it 6 years ago despite my continuous feedback submissions... Cubase anyone? :lol:

Thanks for your help!

• 4 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Exiquio why not use a score sheet with the chords that is unlinked to the arrange window?

Hey rAC, thanks again for your suggestion. How would you go about keeping that lead sheet on top while writing new MIDI parts and clicking other MIDI regions? or detaching it? I can't seem to find anything on doing this.

Exiquio why not use a score sheet with the chords that is unlinked to the arrange window?

Hey rAC, thanks again for your suggestion. How would you go about keeping that lead sheet on top while writing new MIDI parts and clicking other MIDI regions? or detaching it? I can't seem to find anything on doing this.

I’ll confess that I don’t know. Maybe resizing the windows so that the ‘active’ one doesn’t overlap the sheet?