10.2.3 Losing Output Assignments

logic8mine

I run into this from time to time and am looking for a way to correct this without blowing up my project. Logic X and or Kontakt is screwing up my output assignments. As you see in the pic, Kontakt's mixer shows the proper routing. However, in Logic, everything plays back on Track #1. Rebatching Kontakt's outputs has no effect. Not sure how this got out of wack or how to repair it.

1217621141_ScreenShot2016-06-10at9_19_51PM.thumb.png.c39c8e00f7ef565534351df42a9c4d1c.png

Edited by logic8mine

I see the same bug here. It only happens when I open old(er) projects. Creating a new project with multi out VIs - save-reopen works fine. I tried the same by creating a project in LPX 10.2.1 - open in 10.2.3 - still works. Opening any of my templates that were created in earlier versions than 10.2.1 (sadly I don't know which version I used) shows the bug. sadly this makes the update unusable for me as well.

bug report sent to Apple

P.S. this is clearly not a Kontakt bug, but a Logic 10.2.3 bug. I suggest renaming the thread if that's possible - makes it easier for others to find the thread.

I see the same bug here. It only happens when I open old(er) projects. Creating a new project with multi out VIs - save-reopen works fine. I tried the same by creating a project in LPX 10.2.1 - open in 10.2.3 - still works. Opening any of my templates that were created in earlier versions than 10.2.1 (sadly I don't know which version I used) shows the bug. sadly this makes the update unusable for me as well.

bug report sent to Apple

P.S. this is clearly not a Kontakt bug, but a Logic 10.2.3 bug. I suggest renaming the thread if that's possible - makes it easier for others to find the thread.

So renamed...

Yea, defintely should have backed up 10.2.2 before upgrading. Got a little too excited. Now, pretty much all of my prjoects are unesable without the hassle of first saving the Kontakt, Battery 3 multis, importing markers, tempo, project settings, etc. into new projects and recreating the multi-outputs there.

No issues here with NI Machine and Multi Outs. Check on a couple of instances in one song. Song has been around since logic 9.. Almost finished :-)

Novation Automap seems to be broken though..

Bounce "include audio tail citing tail short also.

Much fixed yay!!

OS X 10.11.6 Beta (15G12a)

Someone above said that Ultrabeat seems unaffected by this annoying 10.2.3 bug. Could you let me know whether EXS24 is affected (or not) ?

Just tried it by created a project in 10.2.0 with multi-output EXS24, an reloading it into 10.2.3.

Worked fine, so it looks like from a quick test that the EXS24 also is ok.

des99, many thanks!

Anyway, as with all updates, it will deserve a full back-up before updating, and then thourough check of existing projects after having done so. Blind trust is something I've lost a while ago down the road...

Thanks again,

Arnaud

Someone above said that Ultrabeat seems unaffected by this annoying 10.2.3 bug. Could you let me know whether EXS24 is affected (or not) ?

Just tried it by created a project in 10.2.0 with multi-output EXS24, an reloading it into 10.2.3.

Worked fine, so it looks like from a quick test that the EXS24 also is ok.

Are you sure? Have you checked, that there is also sound on those channels?

With 3rd party plugins, the assignment looks good, but actually the sounds are all routed to the master out of the plugin. Only when I changed the assignments manually, saved the session, opened it again, it worked.

Are you sure? Have you checked, that there is also sound on those channels?

With 3rd party plugins, the assignment looks good, but actually the sounds are all routed to the master out of the plugin. Only when I changed the assignments manually, saved the session, opened it again, it worked.

Yes. I knew what I was looking for, there were levels on each of the output channels, and I muted and soloed each to make sure audio was coming out of them. It was what I expected (in my case - dry drum mics from the main instrument outputs, room mics on the next pair, and overheads on the the pair of EXS24 outputs.)

If you don't believe me, it only takes a few seconds to try - give a go on your system to verify.

Eric, des99 (again), lots of thanks for having ensured and reconfirmed this (quite useful a piece of info for someone like me who hasn't yet made the move to update LPX - I won't do it in the middle of the project I'm working on at the moment).

Cheers,

Arnaud

This didn't work for me. I had to create a new session and import all tracks with stereo routing, midi regions from Multi-Output tracks, relevant global stracks and project settings, then recreate the multi output instruments and assignments before the multi outs work work.

I found this on the Facebook. I thought it might help.

MULTI OUT FIX: 'In the Input menu for the multi-out Aux channel strips, the selected output is listed twice, with the current selection on the bottom of the menu. Select the duplicate setting closer to the top of the menu instead.'

Thanks for this. Good to know. Thankfully, I'm back up a running on 10.2.2. (with a little help from my friends) 8)

This didn't work for me. I had to create a new session and import all tracks with stereo routing, midi regions from Multi-Output tracks, relevant global stracks and project settings, then recreate the multi output instruments and assignments before the multi outs work work.

THAT's definitely a no-go :cry:

Indeed, stardustmedia. How the heck to remember/make sure exact same settings are recreated for everything including vol/pan/sends/plug-ins/automation? This would freak me out as it could kill a complex mix.

Fortunately it seems that the easier correction exists, by reselecting the right multi-out bus (not its duplicate) in the input of the muli-out aux return CS.