Recorded audio region's placement is wrong

zachyun

Hi All,

When I monitor and record new audio (in my case I'm playing electric guitar) alongside a pre-recorded drum track, the resulting new audio region is out of time to the rest of the music when I play it back. I've tried it with loop recording/no loop/punch in, it always records milliseconds earlier and requires me to move/nudge the region to come in later in time manually. I know I am playing in time correctly when I record because I'm monitoring it, and when I realign my audio region with the rest of the music it sounds fine. It's as if the region is not being correctly placed onto the track once it's recorded.

Any advice to fix this would be appreciated. Thanks.

zachyun

What's your Recording Delay in audio prefs set to? If you haven't tested your Recording Delay, set it to zero.

If you're monitoring through Logic/plugins, you need to record through a bus. If you record straight from an input (not through a bus) when software monitoring through Logic, your recordings will be placed a roundtrip earlier than they were played/heard during recording.

• 4 years later...