Select track with control surface without opening the plug-in?

mxmaster
Go to solution Solved by danyg,

Is there any way to select a track in Logic X using a control surface without having the plugin window of that track automatically opening? I have the Presonus fader port and when I select/scroll through tracks, each plugin window of a track I pass opens and then updates to whatever plugin is on the next track that I scroll to. This gets annoying because I just want to get to a particular track, but can't see it because the plug in window pops open and I have to keep hitting the "V" key to close it. Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Eric, And after i checked what you said about unlinking the plugin, I now see that after i unlink for some reason my MCU Pro automatically link it back when i select a channel. Maybe thats the problem. Any idea of how to stop the Controller from turning on the link when i select a channel? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I was getting this issue with the X-Touch One. I fixed it thus: Set channel strip view mode to 'single' in the Control Surface set up page.

Or select the 'single' button in your mixer window.

This did not fix it for me. It just turned the "Prev"/"Next"-buttons into scrolling through all plugins/instrument on one channel/track without moving to the adjacent channel/track.

Anyone found a fix for this?? Drives me mad...

This gave me a better feeling than when all of my kids were born. @danyg: I will frame a picture of you and put it besides them on the wall!!

FYI I posted a reply in the thread you referred to, saying that in my case (Faderport v2) it was not called "NIKB01" but simply "Model".

Thanks for the good work!!

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know how to turn this behaviour ON for another MIDI controller?

I'm using a Novation Launchcontrol to control SSL G channel on every track. It switches between plugins really easily but I'd love it so that when I scroll through tracks, the relevant plugin would open automatically

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Just in case anyone stumbles across this issue for Softube Console 1, there are TWO "parameter0" regions that BOTH need to be set to "exclusive" in order to disable the link mode. They are both in the Navigation tab, you just need to scroll down to find the second one.

Hope this helps the next poor soul that falls into this trap!

• Like 1

• David Nahmani changed the title to Select track with control surface without opening the plug-in?