Importing Images into Logic Score

CJSymon

Hi, I hope someone has a solution for this problem: Is it possible to import new and external images into a Logic score preferably by creating and customising a   Part Box?

I've composed a 'concerto' for Shakuhachi - Japanese Flute - and prepared sound on Logic 9.  As soon as the new Macbook pro's come out I'll transfer to Logic X and be using surround sound.  We hope to perform this piece towards the end of March 2017.  However the piece does not use a beat or pulse (in keeping with Shakuhachi tradition) so the player will need to follow the score on a screen, following the playhead and keeping track of the other sounds visually for cues.  Ideally his screen will be split, one side with the playhead tracking the score and the other the sound-'scape'.

But our main problem is that the performer does not read western music script/notation, he reads Japanese Katakana symbols.  Is there a way to import such images (downloadable from Wikipedia) into a Logic Score (It's fine to have the images flowing below the western notation so the Part Box solution may work)?

Alternatively is it possible to create an animation which runs continuously as a track and is not select scenes from a video.

Any suggestions, solutions, advise greatly appreciated

CJ

• 3 years later...

Yes

You can save images into the notepad section for both Tracks and the project.... each will be different and you can have different images for each track as well.

You can also add multiple images to each....

Just make sure you double click in the note pad section to enable edit mode - before you drag and drop.

402712503_imagesinnotes.gif.4773a90dda0fc169c3cf417934fb85e4.gif

Yes

You can save images into the notepad section for both Tracks and the project.... each will be different and you can have different images for each track as well.

You can also add multiple images to each....

Just make sure you double click in the note pad section to enable edit mode - before you drag and drop.

Brilliantly helpful and on the ball as usual! thanks

Danrad,

That feature has always been there....

Go up to your keyboard viewer, show emoji and symbols - type in "glasses" in the search bar and you will see them.

You can drag and drop them onto the score (make sure you are in text edit when you do or use unicode to input it.

1733208555_ScreenShot2020-04-08at10_26_17PM.thumb.png.f76dd7a3e65dd4b36f9e8dee039b54a3.png

• 1 year later...

I have a similar need: Is there a way to add a still picture (PNG or JPEG) to a project in LPX and then export it as a video? I need to upload a podcast to Vimeo for other people to comment there but Vimeo doesn't allow audio-only uploads—they only accept video files.

I' trying to avoid having to go to Final Cut Pro X and do this there—if possible.

Thanks!

• 6 months later...
Related to the original question, I'd like to be able to add a custom image directly to the score - in this case, a blank guitar chord grid. My goal is to be able to print blank staff with blank guitar chord grid over the top of each measure. There doesn't seem to be a way to do that using the guitar chord editor. Thx. Edited by danwpc

I have a similar need: Is there a way to add a still picture (PNG or JPEG) to a project in LPX and then export it as a video? I need to upload a podcast to Vimeo for other people to comment there but Vimeo doesn't allow audio-only uploads—they only accept video files.

I' trying to avoid having to go to Final Cut Pro X and do this there—if possible.

Thanks!

If you are doing this regularly it might be worth purchasing Telestream Screenflow - ( recommended to me some while back by Greg V) - it is basically screen recording and video editing software really well supported and easy to use. I have since made dozens of instructional videos and instagram videos etc importing the bounced finished master from a Logic Project.

To do what you want to do - simple drag in the audio to Screenflow, add a single image and then export it as a video. It would take a really short time to accomplish you could add a title as well very easily.

Perhaps though if that is all you want to do then there could be simpler less expensive software programmes

I remember seeing at one point someone showing how to import images into the score... I'd love to be able to do some things like the "Glasses" that you put when a hard part is coming ... or to put in snarky references as I like to do...

Since re-reading the thread I have found this set of images - with Hex Codes and names of Fonts - directly related to the 'Glasses' symbol that indicates a hard part coming up.

glasses.jpg.157fc5a37567143d245f64d545538f24.jpg

Swing Text, Bravura are loaded into my Mac Fonts already - I tried to generate those related symbols using Unicode Hex Input - but am at the limit of my tech knowledge and didnt work... but I am sure Greg you could sort this? :) Again thanks to you and Bravura Fonts a few years ago I now am able to generate the double repeat bar symbol that Logic has never had in the inspector.

These though now work a treat:

539855476_BravuraHexCodesforLogic.thumb.png.92e5fe22ac8751fdcf1210983da80502.png

And can be used as follows in the Score :

1747658415_Screenshot2021-12-23at01_13_32.thumb.png.34193dc318b9f46d73eece2abc02e514.png

Thanks!

If you are doing this regularly it might be worth purchasing Telestream Screenflow - ( recommended to me some while back by Greg V) - it is basically screen recording and video editing software really well supported and easy to use. I have since made dozens of instructional videos and instagram videos etc importing the bounced finished master from a Logic Project.

To do what you want to do - simple drag in the audio to Screenflow, add a single image and then export it as a video. It would take a really short time to accomplish you could add a title as well very easily.

Perhaps though if that is all you want to do then there could be simpler less expensive software programmes

It's a nice thought, but if the OP already owns Final Cut Pro, there's no sense buying additional software to achieve the same goal—the workflow isn't really any different or harder.

Besides that, iMovie will also do the same thing, and it's free.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...