Logic recording and synchronizing out of sync

EmptyVesselband

THis is really strange. Ive had this problem on 3, yes 3 different computers and several different recording interfaces over the years. I originally encountered the problem on logic 9 and then upgraded to 10. Still happening, though I cant tell but it may have changed a bit.

So the main problem is that once I record a track and then go to do an overdub, the new track ends up out of sync. Its moved over, physically, like a 3000ms. So eventually I figured out I could go into my record settings and set a record delay of 3000ms. solved. until now. Now the issue is with midi. When I record a midi track its all offset. I can see it in the piano roll. I quantize and every note is slightly off of the bar lines and out of sync with the beat by a hair. ITS MADDENING! I cant get anything done. 

I really dont understand how this problem transfered from computer to computer and version to version and now its morphed into a new problem. I have changed absolutely NO settings. I dont get into any of that. I simply track my band and use some plug ins. 

I hope someone can help me here!

thanks,

Jared

Hi Jared!

A compensation of 3000 samples without knowing what it is that is causing this latency is really  not a solution.

I can try to help you out with this but first we need to know more about your system.

Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic Pro X 10.2.4)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS X El Capitan 10.11.6)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2.2 GHz Intel i7)

• Memory (e.g. 8GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. RME Babyface Pro)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

I would also need to know more about your monitoring chain and your audio input.

Latest update. Im in the middle of a session. I set the record delay back to zero because, for whatever reason, it started moving the regions in the other direction. I set it back to zero and its recording fine, no sync issues. Take after take. Suddenly, it starts shifting them and I have to set it back to -3000.... what could be causing this? anyone????

Thanks for adding your signature.

Could be a driver issue with your interface. I still don't know which interface you are using for input and output? 

This could be part of the problem and is crucial information if you want to trouble shoot this further.

It could also be a different latency issue.

Do you use Low Latency mode when you are recording?

Thanks for adding your signature.

Could be a driver issue with your interface. I still don't know which interface you are using for input and output? 

This could be part of the problem and is crucial information if you want to trouble shoot this further.

It could also be a different latency issue.

Do you use Low Latency mode when you are recording?

I listed the two different interfaces I use. The drivers are up to date and its happened on at least 3 different interfaces. I mostly use the profire 2626 at this time. I switched to low latency mode a while ago to see if it would help and it did not.