Logic is not playing correct regions.

Tim Gordine

I started in 10.2.2 and its happening in 10.3.1 . Running sparse arrangement , Ultrabeat , few EXS tracks with about 20 vocal regions on track Audio track 1 

Quite often logic is not playing correct regions.It is not prioritizing  regions that cut in or out -LP9 would have 100's of chops and cross fades all over the place with no  problem, it would always honour the the audio correctly.

If I have one region , say 4 bars long and on the ( same ) track above a few shorter regions from other takes which logic should play but they are not always triggering or preventing the main region sounding if its shorter at one point I could hear 2 takes playing! I have flex switched off , follow tempo off no melodyne , I think I imported some settings from LP9 songs like screen sets.etc. I tried I copy/pasting the regions into a fresh project , but no joy 

Am i doing something stupid , does anyone recognise this behaviour .Any advice would be most welcome.I will try and get a video up over weekend.

Thanks in advance

Tim

Edited by Tim Gordine

• 3 months later...

Heres a couple  of video clips highlighting the issues .Flex is switched off and audio file is not locked.I/O Buffer is 256.No plug ins.In LP9 I would have loads of regions all over the place on the same channel and it would play them as expected..The issues I'm having are from Logic X ,10.2.2 on Mavericks and 10.2.4 -10.3.0 on El Capitain .The song in the video was originally from LP9 but the recordings are made in LPX .I have experienced similar with songs created in LPX.

Any advice would be great  been on logic since V8 but I'm a bit stumped with this!

T