Softube Console 1 and summing stacks

stormy

I recently got a Softube Console 1 (loving it!) and I've found a quirk/bug. When using a summing stack, the solo function in Softube won't work, even if you set the Softube plugin to "solo safe" in the summing stack. Every other function works.

Any other Console 1 users that can chime in?

Official response from Softube: 

Sounds like the Console 1, in your case works as designed. The Console 1 is a plug-in, and as a plug-in it doesn't know anything about the routing in your daw.

Solo in Console 1, communicates with the other Console 1 instances and tells them to be silent. If you didn't tell buss channels to ignore those messages, they would also mute when trying to solo a channel sending to a bus. But a Console 1 on a bus doesn't know which instances that sends to that bus.

With Sonar and Studio One, we are communicating with the DAW and actually control some of the built in functions, but unfortunately not for Logic.

Makes sense!

• 5 months later...

Yes, this is a huge pain in the arse when using Logic Pro with the Console 1. Console 1 only relates to track numbers in the arrange window. So tracks grouped under Logic's Stacks are "skipped" on the Console 1 LED displays. Same for hidden tracks.

Until Logic adds more support for Console 1, your better off avoiding the stacks, unless you want to assign Console 1 to the stack "track" as well as each track within the stack. Pain!

• 5 years later...

Wanted to give this thread a bump to see if anyone is successfully using Console 1 Fader (not the plugin controller) with Logic summing stacks? In 2022 :)

If so, are you doing anything beyond just putting a console 1 plugin instance at the end of every track stack in your session?

Basically I’m not looking to use any fancy features of console 1. Just to use it as a volume, solo and mute controller of the instrument family group auxes in my session.

I just like the smaller form factor of the controller compared to the SSL, Behringer, Presonus controllers out there 

Cheers