Forcing loops to preview at project tempo

TheRdungeon
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hi all, I have a bit of an issue with previewing loops.

I produce DnB so am usually using a tempo around 174 BPM. But when I'm previewing loops at say 100BPM, they will drop down to 87BPM (i.e. half time). In logic 9 loops used to always play back at project tempo, however in X they seem to do this. It's a bit frustrating as I obviously can't preview them in the right tempo.

Any help appreciated

• Solution
But when I'm previewing loops at say 100BPM, they will drop down to 87BPM (i.e. half time).

Yes, that's a recent "feature", Logic deciding to halve or double the preview tempo of your loop so that it plays closer to its original tempo. The only workaround is to drag the loop to a track, and adjust the Playback Speed parameter back to 1x:

393293932_AppleLoopPlaybackSpeed.png.7e25a2a4970f8ef63f9dc9b355044bf7.png

• 11 months later...
But when I'm previewing loops at say 100BPM, they will drop down to 87BPM (i.e. half time).

Yes, that's a recent "feature", Logic deciding to halve or double the preview tempo of your loop so that it plays closer to its original tempo. The only workaround is to drag the loop to a track, and adjust the Playback Speed parameter back to 1x:

Apple Loop Playback Speed.png

Sorry david, extremely long time replying. Thanks heaps, by chance I happened to find this today. Still no way to audition at the right tempo i take it?

I figured out a 'solution' which is to take the apple loop playing at say 70bpm, click it to 1x and then export that as an apple loop at 174bpm. A little tedious but does work! Only thing is it seems to forget it's transient markers but if it's already exported at the right bpm for most of your projects it doesn't matter. So there's a semi solution for people with this same issue. 

Really wish there was more customisation around browsing/previewing apple loops though, would be so easy to have a tick box for 'force playback at project tempo' option