Instruments not in Library must download?

Blue Monkey
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

• Solution
Why were these instruments not installed when I did the initial install?

Keep in mind those are not instruments, but patches, which are settings for the instruments you already have. They were not downloaded either because you chose not to install them or the collections to which they belong, or because those patches were released after you did the initial install. 

Logic's content is not downloaded from the App Store, it's downloaded from Logic, which directly accesses the Apple servers. 

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I too am seeing this since upgrading to 10.5, but in some cases it is for patches I had previously used in projects prior to 10.5. Those existing projects still play the patch OK but i cannot select that patch for any new project from the Library button. Nor can i remove the patch or download the settings from the server.

One example is the Celesta, which presumably was a patch created from EXS24. Since this has now been replaced with the Sampler instrument, could the greyed out Celesta patch be due to the removal of EXS24 instrument? I’ve spotted that the Celesta is under the GarageBand collection in Sampler and i can select it from there, but not via the Library button as I could previously. I’d like to clean up / remove all those download arrows if possible.

Cheers.

... I’d like to clean up / remove all those download arrows if possible.

To clear them all up, you could use the Sound Library Manager and install everything in one go.

Or you could hide those via the contextual menu (right/or/control click) in the Library area, and deselect the Show Available Downloads option.

• 1 month later...