Alternate midi takes?

Soundhound
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Is there a way to have multiple midi takes in a region aside from recording the takes? 

I often like hear different versions of what I'm working on for a part, and generally open a new track with same instrument to do that. But I've always liked the idea of having them all in the same region. The only way I;ve been able o figure out to do that is record another whole take, then cut and paste the original into Take2, and work from there. Anyone know of another, more efficient approach?

Thank you David, thats great. So you can copy the region, place it over the original and pack it as a take folder. I notice that you can select Create Take Folder for a single region as well. Do you know if there's a way to duplicate the take within that take folder? That would allow you to create alts without copying the region. But since midi regions don't have the same take/comp actions available as audio regions, may not be possible.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi David, had another question regarding this. I am able to create take folders as we described above. In order to add another take to a folder, I placed it on another track, chose the take folder and the new region but am not able to add it to the take folder. Do you know if the only way to do this is unpack the take folder, and then add the new take?

• 2 weeks later...