View automation on a bus send? (and also, view bus in arrange view)

rsilverst
Go to solution Solved by Blue Monkey,

Hi -- in my recording I want to have a reverb that comes only at the end of a few vocal lines. My thinking was that I would automate the bus send level on the reverb, so that I can use the same long reverb bus that I already am using for other tracks. But I do not know how to get a bus send level to appear in the arrange viewer if I wanted to either view or manually edit the automation. I was able to assign a midi controller to the parameter, so it is not a case of "can't configure" - more a case of "can't view/change manually."

Is this possible?

My alternative, I guess, is to copy that reverb to another dedicated track that's used only for this purpose and then I can do the automation on the bus itself rather than the send. 

Though I am finding that previous answers online for how to get a bus to appear in the arrange view do not seem true anymore in 10.2.4. If I right click on the bus/aux track there is no item that says "Create track in arrange view" as people have suggested. Am I missing it?

Thanks!

• Solution
Though I am finding that previous answers online for how to get a bus to appear in the arrange view do not seem true anymore in 10.2.4. If I right click on the bus/aux track there is no item that says "Create track in arrange view" as people have suggested. Am I missing it?

I'm not sure I understand your post completely but reading into it I'll say this.

If you want to create a track in the Tracks Area of the Main Window from an Aux channel strip you can Right Click on the Aux Channel Strip in the Mixer.

If you are asking how to Automate your Send on an existing track you would do the following. With the automation lanes open you select the Send that you want to automate in the Automation Parameter pop-up menu in the Track Header for that track. You'll find the Send under "Main" in the Automation Parameter pop-up menu.

You have answered my question -- YES. I didn't previously find the "Send" under Main in the track view because I hadn't dug deep enough. That is exactly what I wanted to do.

And I also figured out how to get the Aux track to appear in the arrange window, if I want to do the automation there. Thanks very much.