Logic not remembering "Copy audio files into project" setting

Paul Zimmer
Go to solution Solved by Eric Cardenas,

Hi,

Can anyone else replicate this? Go to Project Settings/Assets and check the "Copy audio files into project" box. Then save as the default template. Quit out and load the template, this box has now unchecked itself (for me, at least).

This could have some nasty consequences when destructively editing audio files, when mistakenly under the impression they're saved within that project's "Audio Files" folder.

Paul

• Solution

The Asset properties will work once you save your project.

It will also remember your last choice.

Try this:

1. Open a new project from your template then press Save. In the dialog window choose to save audio files. Give the project a name and hit enter.
  2. Close that project.
  3. Open a new project from your template again and press Save. Now you should see that the audio files checkbox is already enabled.

• 2 years later...

Old thread, but I have the problem that Logic 10.4.6. copies files into project folder even when this box is unchecked in both project settings individually and project settings for the template.

Any workarounds for this one...? Bouncing game loops leads to a lot of rebounces to get tails right, and my project folder quickly gets clogged with 10 versions - super hard to navigate when in a hurry.