SDIRs IRU patches as wave/aif files?

Sascha Franck
Go to solution Solved by Sascha Franck,

Hi folks,

I'm terribly sorry as this might be the wrong place to ask, but I couldn't find a better place up here.

Since quite a while I'm using the Impulse Response Utility to capture certain parts of my guitar equipment (basically cabs/mics of course, but also some other stuff for experimentation). Works quite well.

Anyhow, I do now need to load these IRs into a hardware box. Which, pretty much obviously, doesn't know SDIRs. But these seem to be the only way to get deconvolved files out of the IRU. I do however need .wav files.

So, my question(s) would be: Is there any easy way to convert my existing SDIRs into wave files? Alternatively, is there any mystic place where the deconvolved wave files used inside the IRU are saved (probably just temporarily)? At first I was hoping I could open the SDIRs package content, but that's no option. So I'm a little lost.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Oh, fwiw, I'm using a vintage computer running OSX 10.6.8 and a roadworn Logic 9. But that shouldn't matter too much as, from what I know, the IRU hasn't seen any drastic changes since then.

Cheers

Sascha