Audio - Flex and Follow Tempo

Soundhound

What is the relationship between Flex and Follow Tempo for Audio Regions? I have a cue with some tempo changes which the midi follows of course, and now want some audio files to follow as well. Do I turn Follow Audio on for the various clips in the Inspector? And when doing that, can they still be dealt with using Flex to move pieces of audio around in the various clips as well?

Flex time editing normally apply what Follow tempo (region inspector) parameter does to Logic's original audio material. As mentioned above those region parameters seem to be mutually exclusive.

I think that's the region's level toggle option to sync audio material to project's tempo (change).

Flex time and Flex pitch simultaneous editions are not yet possible. IOW, it is necessary to print (bounce) after Flex time edition, and then, proceed with Flex pitch edition, (or vice-versa) on rendered audio.

Flex time and Flex pitch simultaneous editions are not yet possible. IOW, it is necessary to print (bounce) after Flex time edition, and then, proceed with Flex pitch edition, (or vice-versa) on rendered audio.

You can have simultaneous Flex Time and Flex Pitch edits, you just have to be in Flex Pitch mode. When you revert to Flex Time, your Flex Pitch edits are suspended (they don't play back) but not lost. You can do your time editing, then return to Flex Pitch to hear both your time and pitch edits at the same time. 

You can have simultaneous Flex Time and Flex Pitch edits, you just have to be in Flex Pitch mode. When you revert to Flex Time, your Flex Pitch edits are suspended (they don't play back) but not lost. You can do your time editing, then return to Flex Pitch to hear both your time and pitch edits at the same time. 

Thanx for clarifying!

Thanks guys. I had a strange situation where in the Audio Editor the cursor was lagging a couple of beats behind the depicted audio. I thought it might have been caused by the relationship btwn Flex Time and Follow Tempo that I didn't understand, but as it turned out it was happening the day my system was having a meltdown. I moved to a different project since getting things running smoothly again (deadlines are the boss) and so haven't had a chance to see if that issue has resolved. I'll take a look soon as I can and see if it's still happening.