Removing Pedal symbol on score

303creative
Go to solution Solved by Eric Cardenas,

Eric. Many thanks. Problem solved. Tick

You're most welcome.

I read this thread somewhat out of curiosity, and i didn't even realise you could use the score functions to output to guitar tablature. So glad i read this now, gotta try it to see how well it works! :-)

Yes, it works very well.

You can even use alternative tunings and tabs with more or less string than 6.

• 3 years later...
Setting the Default Pedal Position to zero works for pedal markings that have not been moved in the score. Unfortunately I moved a bunch of pedal markings before deciding to get rid of them all, and they remain visible after setting the global Default Pedal Position to zero; and they also remain if I manually set their vertical position to zero. Does anyone know how to remove these markings in the score while leaving the pedaling alone in the midi? (If I just delete the pedal marking in the score, the pedal event in the midi gets deleted too.) I want to leave the pedaling events in for my own playback, but I also want to leave it up to the pianist to choose their own pedaling in the score. Thanks in advance!

If you use Polyphonic staves (I don't know if you can with Tab) then you can hide the pedal markings by changing their midi channel to one that is not used by the Polyphonic stave. E.g. if you use the default Piano 1/3 then setting the pedals midi channel to anything other than 1 or 3 will hide the display in the score editor. It will still sound the same.

HTH,

Alan.

• 2 months later...
I have the same problem as Champness. Alan's idea of hiding the pedal markers by changing their MIDI channel sounds very clever, but I have no clue how to do that. If I select the pedal markers with the List Editor, I see that they are attached to the same channel 1 in the List Editor. But the inspector seems the place to modify the channel, at least for notes, but it doesn't show the channel for Pedal markers. Does anyone know the solution? Thanks in advance!

A quick way of doing it is to open the Event List (Cmd-7).

Then click on a Sustain event (Ctrl 64) they're marked as Sustain in the Length/Info column.

Select Similar (Shft-S) this will select all the pedal events, both on and off.

Then edit channel number by clicking and holding on the number in the channel column of one of the selected events and moving the mouse up or down. They will all change together so set them to a channel that is not used in the polyphonic score style.

It's a lot quicker to do than to read that description (or write it for that matter).

The exact same steps can be used to make them visible again should you want to.

Needless to say the music will still sound the same, the notes will still be sustained as before. This just filters the display of pedal markings in the Score.

HTH,

Alan.