Logic 10.3.1 is out now.

David Nahmani

Bug: 

the 'drag' settings (overlap/no verlap etc) are not saved with a project, neither are the mouse pointer/button tool settings

I notice too logic x sometimes forgets right click tool prefs in piano roll ( locked with screen set ) it seems to happen less in 10.3.1 , but still there .;) Send Apple feedback:http://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html

I just reverted back to El Capitan 10.11 and all my sluggish/crashing problems have disappeared ~ Hallelujah! (Still using Logic 10.31)

Good to know this Radley,

I have stuck El Capitan 10.11.3, no intention of updating, Logic 10.3.1 and 10.2.4 working fine!

Take note anyone thinking of updating to Sierra!

I would love to know why OS Sierra could have such drastically different results on different machines ~ There's got to be something else going on beneath the scenes... Sierra absolutely killed my MacBook Pro from the get-go ~ Spinning beachballs and crashes galore! :(

I would love to know why OS Sierra could have such drastically different results on different machines ~ There's got to be something else going on beneath the scenes... Sierra absolutely killed my MacBook Pro from the get-go ~ Spinning beachballs and crashes galore! :(

this is said of every mac os that's ever been. you had a bad experience; did you try reinstalling the OS? for many, sierra is a perfectly-fine system...

I'm having a couple of problems with 10.3.1:

Firstly, the first time I call up the Smart Control pane after loading a project everything is normal, but then if I switch to another pane (say, the Mixer view) and the switch back to the Smart Control pane, the toolbar for that pane (the one that normally contains the Inspector and Compare buttons, etc.) is empty, and the buttons normally therein can't be seen or accessed again until I either change screensets or close and reopen the project (after which it can once again be accessed exactly once, as just described).

Secondly, quite often when I complete recording a MIDI clip with the Piano Roll open, the first click I make within the Piano Roll causes the Piano Roll window to jump to an entirely different location in the project (like minutes earlier).  Since the notion of the current bar in the song doesn't change, I can get the Piano Roll back to the clip I just recorded by just moving the time by a single bar using the keyboard shortcut, but it is still very annoying and wastes several seconds each time it happens.

Can someone else confirm either or both of these misbehaviors?

Firstly, the first time I call up the Smart Control pane after loading a project everything is normal, but then if I switch to another pane (say, the Mixer view) and the switch back to the Smart Control pane, the toolbar for that pane (the one that normally contains the Inspector and Compare buttons, etc.) is empty, and the buttons normally therein can't be seen or accessed again until I either change screensets or close and reopen the project (after which it can once again be accessed exactly once, as just described).

Secondly, quite often when I complete recording a MIDI clip with the Piano Roll open, the first click I make within the Piano Roll causes the Piano Roll window to jump to an entirely different location in the project (like minutes earlier).  Since the notion of the current bar in the song doesn't change, I can get the Piano Roll back to the clip I just recorded by just moving the time by a single bar using the keyboard shortcut, but it is still very annoying and wastes several seconds each time it happens.

Can someone else confirm either or both of these misbehaviors?

I cannot confirm either of those here. I recommend you start a new thread for each issue so we can help you troubleshooting them. 

Hi , 

Yes, same thing here time to time.

Not a big deal since I have a short cut opening Smart Control in a separate window, and the Inspector appear again.

A deal with screen sets seems to resolve the issue too .

190567367_Capturedcran2017-03-2113_46_01.jpg.c5696b81449cc7ce6180b47a793fec0c.jpg

Firstly, the first time I call up the Smart Control pane after loading a project everything is normal, but then if I switch to another pane (say, the Mixer view) and the switch back to the Smart Control pane, the toolbar for that pane (the one that normally contains the Inspector and Compare buttons, etc.) is empty.

I can confirm this one.

I totally agree with David here. Please open a separate thread with your issues to keep this organized and tidy.

Logic Pro X 10.3.1

this BUG Drive me CRAZY.............

this is what happens when you record in cycle mode..

then "Select All Inside Locators" then .. "Repeat Regions and Events" many times..

at some advanced POINT.. in you Project this starts happening.. 4 YEARS APPLE ¡ 4 YEARS ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

come on ¡....

Who Many TIMEs SHould I Report This BUG ??? please Guys.. send this BUG to apple.. feedback too..

PLEASE ¡

Why don't you just use the loop function?  Make your life easier; if you can't beat them, join them.

lol

David, I would like to suggest here that it would be a whole lot easier to see individual threads ... each one tagged in some agreed-upon way with the Logic Pro version-number ... than to have to deal with a single thread that runs into multiple pages.

Just post a "sticky" telling us all how you'd like for us to "tag" posts within the title of the post.  Any reasonably well-thought-out nomenclature would allow "we of the Peanut Gallery" to quickly zero in on particular threads of interest.

Logic Pro X 10.3.1

this BUG Drive me CRAZY.............

this is what happens when you record in cycle mode..

then "Select All Inside Locators" then .. "Repeat Regions and Events" many times..

at some advanced POINT.. in you Project this starts happening.. 4 YEARS APPLE ¡ 4 YEARS ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

come on ¡....

Who Many TIMEs SHould I Report This BUG ??? please Guys.. send this BUG to apple.. feedback too..

PLEASE ¡

Why don't you just use the loop function?  Make your life easier; if you can't beat them, join them.

lol

THat is what I do.. I use the Loop Option always.. Cycle Option..  even if you do that.. and you select various tracks inside locator..

at some point this start happening... I don't you get point of This BUG

• 1 month later...

I have  a  few problems w 10.3.1 which I did not have w a previous version:

1) Some clicking and popping

2) Sometimes I have to exit and reboot logic because tracks are not in synch

3) On a number and I mean a number of occasions-and I have never had this problem w the previous version, the tasks I ask (recently copying a plug in to a new track) will result in that circle of death as I have heard others call it where I am stuck-the process does not take place and I have to reboot and have lost stuff in the past.

4) and again-never had these problems before. thanks

• 2 weeks later...
upgraded my OS to the final 10.12.5 last night, and spent much of the day today on a remix, and... no issues. no sync issues, weirdness (which happens often when i use varispeed); no glitches. so, just mentioning. one day is obviously just... one day. but this was a good one (we'll see how things go tomorrow, of course)...

• 2 weeks later...