Select All for Flex Pitch in a Region?

PMedia

• 4 years later...
Use two key commands:

1. Set Locators by Regions/Events/Marquee (user assignable), or Set Locators by Regions/Events/Marquee and Enable Cycle (default Command - U).
  2. Select All Inside Locators (Shift - L).

Click on the region background in the Track editor then hit the first and the second key command.

Wow! Never used Shift L - great tip!

Select All for Flex Pitch in a track to change for example the vibrato in a singing voice...

You can select all the notes in an audio region (Command-A) and adjust the vibrato on all of them at once. If you have multiple region, start by joining them into a single region if you need to do all the notes in all the regions at once.

Hi again David

If I do select all (Command-A) I select all the regions in all the tracks! I only want to select all the notes in a region (I did join all the regions to one) or in a track.

First, make sure your Piano Roll editor has key focus (the blue frame around the pane). If needed click its background, or press Tab, to give it key focus. Then press Command-A.

• 1 month later...

I must be being thick.

I wanted to change the formants of all the notes in a vocal recording using Flex Pitch (for a more bassy vibe).

Clicking one Flex Pitch note bar in the Tracks Page (used to be Arrangement, is it Main now?) and pressing CMD+A selected all the Regions (as mentioned above).

Moving the focus to the Audio Editor (with the blue line around it) and clicking CMD+A doesn't seem to do anything. In the Editor, having Track or File selected did not make any difference. If I then changed the Formant of one note in Flex Pitch (which draws the focus back to the Tracks Page), the others remain unchanged.

I eventually just lassooed them all and changing one, changed them all. I could have done it using Melodyne but I thought it would an easy thing in Flex Pitch. Apparently not.

MBP mid-2012, i7 2.9GHZ, 8GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Catalina, Logic 10.6.2