How to "randomize" Bus Sends?

mrbeekle

Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone knows of a nice way to randomize bus sends in Logic i.e. I have a track which has a bunch of sends to different FX, and I'd like a way to randomly change the send amount over the course of playback. I was wondering if its somehow possible to rig up the Randomizer MIDI FX in a clever way to achieve this goal.. Any tips/ideas would be much appreciated!

Yeah maybe you can achieve similar results with automation data and transformers but JavaScript is much more powerful than what the transformers have to offer. And in this case at least, a few lines of code get the job done without any fuss.

J.

That's definitely true. I wished I was able to write such myself. Gladly most of the time the Transformer is good enough. On the other hand it can be very UN-logic ;)

• 3 years later...

Hi Cars,

Thank you Jordi for this Script, but how do I set this thing in LPX up? I inserted it as a Midi FX and loaded the script but nothing happens...how do I get it to randomize my send1?

Seems to still be working here on Logic 10.5.1, but I need to check the "Control Change 7/10 controls Volume/Pan of channel strip objects" box. That may not have been necessary back then. Of course you need to use an IAC Bus + External Instrument plugin for sending and looping the MIDI back into Logic, and nowadays MIDI input ports can be turned off so make sure whichever IAC Bus you're using is checked in Preferences > MIDI > Inputs.

If you only want to randomize a single send, then the script needs to be modified. As it is right now it randomizes the first 8.

Let me know if you still need help.

J.