Controller assignments broken in Track Stacks

Twister

Controller assignments don't work with Track Stacks in Logic Pro 10.3.1.

Steps to reproduce: 

1. Create an instrument track with any software instrument.
  2. Assign a midi controller to a parameter using Logic's Controller Assignment panel. 
  3. Create a summing track stack with the instrument track in it. 
  4. With the stack record-enabled, the midi controller should be unable to control the assigned parameter. 

Edited by Twister

Thanks for adding that info.

I'm trying to confirm your issue here but I'm a little bit confused.

You say "With the stack record-enabled, the midi controller should be unable to control the assigned parameter."

Is unable a typo?

If the Channel strip is not selected it shouldn't respond to that assignment.

Huh? If the track stack is record-enabled why wouldn't the instruments in the stack respond to controller assignments?

Obviously I'm talking about summing stacks, added that info in the description as well. 

• 1 year later...
You have assigned a controller to the selected track.

Try this instead:

After you have assigned the parameter change the Channel Strip parameter from Selected track to Software Instrument.

If I do that, the Label value disappears, the Parameter value drops the target control name (the same as in Label) and the assignment no longer works.

When I play a Track Stack with a midi keyboard it sends note on/off messages, pitch bend and modulation data to all its subtracks. For some reason it doesn't pass midi CC data.

Edit: It looks like only midi messages that are not assigned in Controller Assignments will be passed through. So if I have midi CC #20 assigned to a parameter X and turn the knob that sends CC #20, it will not be registered in the MIDI Activity display. The parameter X will change only if I have the instrument channel strip selected and record-enabled.