Tempo Operations question

Soundhound

I haven't used Tempo Operations much and I'm having a bit of a problem getting the process right. I've set up a group of markers I'm wanting to use to change tempo to get things to hit at the beginning of bars. When I change the smpte time for the start and then change the position to the beginning of the bar, the smpte changes, and visa versa. I have both locked, so not sure what I'm doing wrong? I've followed a few tutorials and writeups but there must be some part of the process I'm not understanding. It seems to have worked for a few sections, but not for others. Thanks for any help!

I was going to do that, but hadn't used beat mapping in a while and came across a tutorial showing how to do it with Tempo Operations. What I'm syncing up to isn't cuts or beats or anything, just moments in the film. People singing actually but I've only got a full mix so can't isolate the singing so I'm finding the points I want to bring in line, creating markers there, and trying to use Tempo Operations to create the Tempo from the last marker to the next... Can't figure out why I can't keep the time position in Tempo Operations to not change when I change the Bar Position to the beginning of the bar.

What I'm syncing up to isn't cuts or beats or anything, just moments in the film.

You can just create markers or even scene markers wherever you want in your Logic project and beat map to that. When syncing my grid to scene cuts for example I use beat mapping, even though there are no beats to speak of (it may be just a sound effect that I want to line up with a specific position in the movie, like the sound of a door closing lined up to the exact frame when the door is closed).