LPX - Mac OS 10.12 - Focusrite Saffire Pro 40

LogicIsDoomed

Yesterday morning I installed Mac OS 10.12.4 (Sierra).

Suddenly my Logic and my Focusrite Saffire Pro  40 do not like each other anymore.

I'm now receiving 0 audio output from the Sapphire Pro 40.

NOTEWORTHY:

a) The Pro 40 is "Locked" & "Firewire" is active.  Both leds are green.

b) If I connect my keyboard or guitar, I can see the input signal on the Pro 40 meters moving up and down.

c) If I attempt to playback any audio in Logic or iTunes or Quicktime, there is 0 playback/0 audio output coming from the Pro 40.

TROUBLESHOOTING:

1) I deleted from my Mac, the Sapphire app + all Sappire preference files + all Saffire extensions + all Kerns.

2) I installed the latest "Saffire Mix Control 3.7" which is billed on Focusrite's website as being compatible for Mac OS 10.10 & 10.11 (NOT Mac OS 10.12)

See the following (2) links where Focusrite claims the Saffire Pro  is fully compatible with Mac OS 10.12 (Sierra).  

https://us.focusrite.com/downloads/os?product=Saffire+PRO+40

https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/articles/211671129-Are-Focusrite-products-compatible-with-macOS-Sierra-

Both declarations on the above linked webpages appear to be patently false (at least for me and my gear it is)! 

I've searched everywhere on the Focusrite website and all over the internet and I have been UNABLE to find any download link for ""Saffire Mix Control"  that is specifically for " Mac OS 10.12.  So then, since "Saffire Mix Control 3.7" is the latest I could find that's what I installed and it DOES NOT work!

3) When I attempt to start "Saffire Mix Control 3.7", I receive an error message from Focusrite pops up saying that the software is "outdated and is not compatible with my equipment".

4) 7+ times I've done a full complete delete of all Focusrite files on my system and reinstalled using "Saffire Mix Control 3.7", "Saffire Mix Control 3.6", "Saffire Mix Control 3.5".   All my efforts yield the same error message I just stated above.

Is anybody out there running a Saffire Pro 40 with Logic on Mac OS 10.12.4 (Sierra)???

Please can someone help me get my setup working again?

I appreciate all input from anyone who can help.

Thanks

Edited by LogicIsDoomed

Triplets....did you even bother to click the link to the Focusrite webpage where they clearly state that the "Saffire Pro 40"  IS INDEED compatible with Mac OS 10.12???  

I GUESS NOT!

So below I've included the original link + another one directly from the Focusrite website clearing stating that the Saffaire Pro 40 is compatible with Mac OS 10.12!

https://us.focusrite.com/downloads/os?product=Saffire+PRO+40

https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/articles/211671129-Are-Focusrite-products-compatible-with-macOS-Sierra-

I've provided 2 links above clearly showing Focusrite's compatibility statements posted on their website relating to Mac OS 10.12 (Sierra).

You say that Focusrite says the Saffire Pro 40 is NOT compatible with Mac OS 10.12 (Sierra),  so please post your links published by Focusrite that will substantiate your statement.

Safire pro 40 worked fine for me in OS 10.12... I used the latest Safire driver version 3.7. The difference on my system is that instead of connecting the Safire through FireWire ...I've always used an Apple FireWire to thunderbolt adapter and connected the Safire to the adapter. I've done it this way since 10.8 and never had a problem. The adapter is available thru Apple and isn't that expensive and I'd bet that's your problem .. I switched back to ElCapitian only because faderport doesn't work with logic in 10.12 and I haven't seen any updates from Presonus .  

My mix control is fine here, version 3.7b2, on MacOS 10.12.2

I always grab the latest beta drivers, as they are more advanced:-

http://beta.focusrite.com/releases/saffire_mix_control/

Not sure why i've got b2, and only b1 is listed there though, perhaps they pulled b2?

Also, if i ever lose sound (sometimes after sleeping) but the VU's are moving, i simply go into MixControl and change the sync source from Internal to SPDif, and then back to Internal again, and it wakes the device and makes everything work a-ok! :)

SOLUTION FOUND:

Last Monday I spoke to Focusrite tech support.  Here's the solution....

Just do what "SkiJumpToes" said above:

1) Download to latest "Saffire MixControl" beta driver:

http://beta.focusrite.com/releases/saffire_mix_control/

2) Inside "Saffire MixControl" change the sync source from Internal to SPDif AND/OR change the sync source from sample rate to something different and then switch it back to the sample rate you want and BAM!!!! 

All is well with my Saffire Pro 40 again!!!

Hope this helps somebody out there so you don't have to waste 3 days of your life like I did, doing worthless troubleshoots that yield no solution.

Edited by LogicIsDoomed

• 3 months later...

Fantastic help this... upgraded my 2007 MacPro to a 2013 MacPro so I could run all the software that is no longer supported.......

lost access to M Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R and my old M Audio FW410... and the Pro40 wouldn't show either.  Great news about using the beta drivers...why doesn't Focusrite show this to be the fix???

Many thanks for getting at least some of my audio working!!