Selection based processing/waves tune

JamesK

Anyone else having very poor results using Waves Tune and the selection based processing? It sounds fine until i select process and the audio file created is full of bad artifacts. And yes I have disabled waves tune once it has bounced.

In comparison Melodyne works fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Bump

I really would love to be using my Waves tune with the selection based processing but the results are so poor. Very strange.

The plugin works fine as an insert on a track and I'm able to bounce the audio clip with great results that way but for some odd reason it produces artifacts when using the selection based processing.

That's odd because I always assumed SbP used BIP within some sort of script.... so not sure why one would work but not the other. :(

Here's an alternate workflow:

1. Duplicate the track (Command-D).
  2. Insert Tune on the dupe track.
  3. Use the Marquee to select the sections you want tuned, and drag them on the dupe track.

That's basically the technique I explained in this article: https://www.logicprohelp.com/selective-delay-effects-vocals/