Change Tempo Of Individual Regions Independant of Project BPM Lke Audacity?

RoyFan

Option drag the lower right corner. (Not sure how audacity does it)

You can also turn on Flex and drag the upper right corner which is nondestructive.

thanks!   will try and let you know.  When I do the first option you mention, is there an indicator of what the region's bpm is becoming as i'm dragging it?

No. You're just changing the length of the region. If you describe what you want to do, maybe I can better understand.

Say I have a project I've started that's at 120 BPM.  And then I import a file (ideally i'd like to do this with a region as well, one that I've split off from a bigger region).In audacity, and what I wanna do in Logic, is select that region or newly imported audio and change it's bpm.  But without affecting the other ones, they can stay at 120 bpm as would the project and click etc..

If this isn't possible, as a related question, if I import audio that's at 110 bpm to a project that's been created and tracked at say 120 BPM.  is there a simple way to adjust the imported audio to 120?   i think flex only works on audio recorded in logic right?

There's no way to say "this file is 110 and I want it to play at 120" - not as far as I know. If the files is, however, musically exactly 2 bars long for example, then it's just a matter of stretching it so it's exactly 2 bars long in your 120 project. Are those drums? A loop? Something that has a precise length in beats or bars?

There's no way to say "this file is 110 and I want it to play at 120" - not as far as I know. If the files is, however, musically exactly 2 bars long for example, then it's just a matter of stretching it so it's exactly 2 bars long in your 120 project. Are those drums? A loop? Something that has a precise length in beats or bars?

this is gonna sound terrible on my end, but I forgot the exact scenario I needed it for.. I just remember registering the question in my head if it can be done..

Were you asking about it being a loop because I can use the apple loop utility to make it a loop, and then import it with that?  and then it automatically adjusts right?

but then it would adjust to project BPM right?