Logic Mono to Stereo Plugin Problem

rojh

I posted an attachment of the screenshot. As you can see, If I put a mono to stereo plugin into a mono track ( in this instance - a compressor ). Only the left channel is being processed. I dont know why. Help????

1442686066_ScreenShot2017-06-21at4_35_58PM.png.c19e5e64479807b43f2eacac3140df41.png

hm, it works as expected here. You can't even insert a mono to stereo plugin instance in a channel strip that's stereo at all. and even if you do, if you have a mono source on such track, its treated as dual-mono and processed accordingly.

ohh yeah. You are right. Well maybe this latest Sierra is acting up. Well thats basically a stereo when I click the mono to stereo on the top of the channel strip. Lol. :) well maybe my mono to stereo is not working. Weird. Well anyways, I finished the mix already using the workaround above.

I'm not sure why you call the button at the top of the channel strip a "mono to stereo"? It's an input format button, meaning it controls the format of the audio signal at the input of the channel strip, which can be either mono, or stereo.

When the input format is stereo, the plug-ins should be stereo and process both channels.

I'm not sure why you call the button at the top of the channel strip a "mono to stereo"? It's an input format button, meaning it controls the format of the audio signal at the input of the channel strip, which can be either mono, or stereo.

When the input format is stereo, the plug-ins should be stereo and process both channels.

yeah. Sorry. I didnt know the exact term since im a rush to think. Lol. Anyways, yeah basically I made it stereo format, so i inserted a stereo plugin which works. Mono to stereo plugins dont work for me. :)

• 6 years later...
On 6/22/2017 at 12:35 AM, David Nahmani said:

Cool, I just wanted to make sure you weren't confused about what the button actually does! :D

Could be that plug-in you're using. Have you tried one of Logic's stock plug-ins in mono->stereo format? 

Why is there no mono or else no stereo option for some of the native logic plugins when I go to the insert? Many thanks in advance 

10 minutes ago, User VX said:

Why is there no mono or else no stereo option for some of the native logic plugins when I go to the insert?

It depends on the format of your audio signal at the point where you insert the plug-in, and it depends on the plug-in.

If the format of the audio is mono then you'll see mono plug-ins, and for some modulation, reverb, delay or utility plug-ins you may see a Mono —> Stereo option as well. 

If the format of the audio is stereo then you should see only stereo and dual mono plug-ins.