Omnisphere GUI in LPX 10.3.1

mattrixx

Hi all,

I've got a problem that has me stumped...

For quite some time now, Spectrasonics Omnisphere has been out of sorts.  The GUI will not open and just end up with a really long list of parameters (as partly shown)

Has anyone experienced this before? I have re-installed, re-scanned and applied all the regular tricks when things awry.

I should add that I have been using it in Komplete Kontrol with no issues. (just no good when you load up an older job with an instance of it's own... no access.

Regards,

Matt

skitch.png.cf56cd7253692f207d65590786369920.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

Eddie from Spectrasonics has saved the day.  It's actually very simple to resolve and I think we were pretty close, sans a couple of timed restarts!! Here's his response and fix.

"Please try the following.

Navigate here:

Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components

Delete Omnisphere.component.

Restart the computer.

Download and install the latest Software Update for Omnisphere 2:

https://www.spectrasonics.net/support/ua-omnisphere2-updates.php

After doing this, restart the computer once more.

Load Logic and create a blank session – see if you can successfully add Omnisphere and access the controls."

Hope this works for anyone else having the issue.

Regards,

Matt

• 4 months later...

My guess here would be that if you are using different Omnisphere's Automation-MIDI Learn templates (from one instance to the next), they could be conflicting in some way.

To resolve that, you could try, from within either one of the defective interface or a functional one, accessing the Omnisphere's Utility menu, disable the Host Automation and/or reset its MIDI assignment (Unlearn All MIDI Learns). Save your project under a different name and reboot Logic.

Caution here:

If you have some assignment you wish to retain/recall later on, it would be advisable to save them (either as a Multi) prior deleting them via Save Template.

If the above was the cause of your issue, to prevent same, organizing the Omnisphere presets used in a project as a dedicated Multi could be helpful.

• 6 months later...