midi events disappearing from piano-roll and score

omes

Hi friends,

I have been arranging a big band chart. The arranging is almost done and I was working on cleaning up the score and parts (adding rehearsal marks, fixing up spacings etc...).

As I went back to listen I noticed that notes have disappeared from the arrangement.

The pattern that I see is that every few bars, the midi event that was on the first beat of the bar has disappeared. It appears to be happening for a set of instruments...e.g. Bar 2 beat 1, the note for trumpets 1, 2 and 3 have gone. Same again on bar 4. Further on notes for alto/tenor saxes on beat 1 has also gone. 

There are a lot of notes so its very tricky to find the exact pattern, but this is what I've seen so far.

Has anyone come across this before? 

Running MacOS Sierra, 10.12.1

Omes

May not be relevant, but do you have any events before 1 1 1 1?

If so, try moving the entire project to, or after that timeline position (1 1 1 1).

Is there a relationship between the missing notes and the involved regions'left borders? I have seen missing note events when the note start before the region left border...

• 1 month later...

hello friends.

I'm back in town and back near my files.

here is the link to my project. 

https://we.tl/Qw3dO6QgIJ

(Nearly) all events have disappeared every two or so bars, including chord symbols. Please ignore some of my attempts at presentation, I was half way through cleaning up on the score editor, putting in slash marks and so forth, then this occurred. Very frustrating as I am so close to finishing and all of a sudden I've got to do so much of it again.

I see chord symbols there on various tracks - I also see your slashes - Are you sure you are putting the notes on the correct tracks? The score display hierarchy can be tricky to understand and easy for folks to get lost in.  It's the only thing I can think of as there was no undo history and it appears that reverting to the oldest backup in your project did not provide any change.  

I don't see what you describe.

-There are several contiguous bars missing notes, here and there, depending of the instrument's staff.

-You have two Trompet-1 tracks.

-One of the track has the Bösendorfer piano instead of a brass instrument.

Besides what volovicg describes, could it be that, while in a hurry, you have used the wrong key commands inadvertantly?