After tap tempo, I can no longer play anything?

BlueCosmo5050

I've set up my tap tempo to the T button on my keyboard. I import a song from a friend, I then want to get it on the grid so I lock the SMPTE, I start hitting T until it plays and then get the tempo. Once I've done that, I can't play or record. The playhead will just sit at the beginning. 

I've tried it with SMPTE lock off, still the same deal. 

I want to change the BPM of the grid, not the song I imported. I don't know why it comes to a complete halt when I do this. I can even edit undo all the way back to the start of the project and it won't let me play anything. 

I do have an MPC MPK midi controller hooked up and that set so it will read it's controls, like play and stop, but I try it with the keyboard, same thing. 

I think that Logic is in one of the external sync modes. 

Setting it back to internal sync mode should gives you back its default control via is GUI.

To do so, go in the General Synchronization settings, and from its Sync Mode pop-up menu, select Internal.

Thanks, I got it to work. However it keeps wanting to default go back to syncing it through MPC instead of internal.