Audio regions shifting original position when copying?

kevaquarian

Hi.

I have a never before seen (ny me at least) behaviour while copying a group of 4 audio regions - the original regions get shifted in position after copying them to another location?

See quick video here:

https://cp.sync.com/dl/9e617be70#k27df3zm-rmeb9snx-gmedddxv-m2uffd72

Anyone seen this behaviour before? Any ideas why this could be happening?

Thanks!

• 8 months later...
Thanks for the reply! I had never seen it either - very strange behaviour indeed. I'll have a look at the copy paste thing and see if it's the same result. Today it seemed as if there was some weird changing of the anchor points on the regions affected. I still haven't sussed out what the cause is though.

Weirdly, it seems to move the anchor to a "random" position, to the right??? I don't remember finding this out on the occasion that features in the video. However, today's situation does appear to have something to do with shifted anchor points.... I have not been back to the project to take a look at the copy paste option yet. Maybe tomorrow. Thanks for your input on this "lonely" thread ;-DD

• 1 month later...

OK - so here I am again with this issue, but even more weird, as some of the affected regions are totally unconnected with the regions I'm moving/copying! See short video. No commentary as I had to shoot this one late at night, and had to be quiet ;-)

Note that the regions on the other track that shift in position are NOT derived from the regions I'm copying - it's a totally separate audio file from a different source.

This time I checked the anchors and they were not moved. I can find no explanation at all for this behaviour. Now in that project, I simply cannot work with these regions that I have already incorporated into the composition. Every time I move/copy, the other regions shift and I am in a loop "correcting" them afterwards, over and over.

It only seemed to start happening half way through working on this project - I don;t know what triggers it, or if it's more random. Serious voodoo stuff. Check the short vid and see it in action!

https://cp.sync.com/dl/77b5bae70#vzp2rb4d-rvyfzezq-y2wa55zj-9d6cqe22