Convert to EXS24 sampler track question

3ple

Hey guys! :)

Here's what I would like to know. Let's say I have a song I imported and I choose Convert to new sampler track. Everything works great, but EXS24 doesn't really create different audio files, it uses the original file and creates different zones inside the sampler. 

My question is: is there a quick way to convert each one of those zones into separate audio and automatically have them assigned to each key?

Example: Select region > Convert to new sampler track > select all zones inside the EXS24 > save zones as individual audio and automatically replace them in EXS24.

Let's say I have a song called Drum Groove where it's a drummer playing. Now when I use that function it creates different zones inside EXS24, but each zone is still called Drum Groove, it's just playing a different section of that file. But let's say I want to create different audio files and then change the name to Kick, Snare, HH, Etc. I want to change the individual samples' name, not the name inside the EXS24.

Almost the same way when we Slice on Transient or Flex Markers and then make a sampler track, but in this case I want to do it after I already created an EXS24. I'm asking this because when I have one one region I can edit the zones, but then I would like to save the final zones as individual samples and have them reloaded into the same key on the keyboard.

Hope it makes sense.

I can't think of an easy way to do it once the EXS24 instrument is already created.

Otherwise before creating the instrument you can slice the region at Transient Markers. Then, convert the regions to new audio files. Then select all the slices, and in the "Convert Regions to New Sampler Track" dialog, choose to create zones from Regions.

I can't think of an easy way to do it once the EXS24 instrument is already created.

Otherwise before creating the instrument you can slice the region at Transient Markers. Then, convert the regions to new audio files. Then select all the slices, and in the "Convert Regions to New Sampler Track" dialog, choose to create zones from Regions.

Yeah that option of slicing was the one I also though of but sometimes you just create the EXS24 out of a region and only think about it later haha

It's ok I will work with it the way it is and get used to it. Thanks! :)